S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i came hope today to find out if got a letter from the county police dep. about a credit card i had sayn that they are gona seize any property of mine for levy but the only thing i own which not yet is my truck which will be payed off at the end of this month and that is in my gpas name and mine. I was gona put it in my name and but the leain in his name or should i just leave it in his? But the amount i owe is bullshit and is only 1289.10 but the economy is ruff now and another thing is there really screwing me cause the line of credit was only for 500 and they just kept adding and adding late fees and thats like 110% intrest or so? So what should i do cause im not gona give them shit and i aint gona go to jail so????

·
Mr. Sparkle
10,040 Posts
Well i came hope today to find out if got a letter from the county police dep. about a credit card i had sayn that they are gona seize any property of mine for levy but the only thing i own which not yet is my truck which will be payed off at the end of this month and that is in my gpas name and mine. I was gona put it in my name and but the leain in his name or should i just leave it in his? But the amount i owe is bullshit and is only 1289.10 but the economy is ruff now and another thing is there really screwing me cause the line of credit was only for 500 and they just kept adding and adding late fees and thats like 110% intrest or so? So what should i do cause im not gona give them shit and i aint gona go to jail so????
?? :rotf:
Have somebody loan you $1289 so you can pay this off before it destroys your credit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i know i was in a rush at work trying to finish before the timeclock but i think it might be too late to pay it cause they wont 1200 cash no payments idk but that intrest is to high .

·
I'm slap happy, bitches!
2,178 Posts
how much you owe on truck?
pay it off, and sign it over to gramps for a 1$

giving a family member a gift is NOT by conversion, or fraud.

another tactic that might work with CC company collections dept is tell them you met with a bankruptcy lawyer, and he advised you to make a settlement for 50 percent cash right now. otherwise you are going to file that debt on you bankruptcy claim. that tactic works very well, and they'd rather take something than nothing. unless you defaulted in a court hearing for a debt, and you owe the state, and thats why they levied your personal property, then you are screwed. you cant even get the truck re registered in that state if the levy it. you cant even sell it without paying the levy first.

·
Anybody got a Band-aid?
1,917 Posts
I have never heard of a credit card company sending letters stating that they are going to seize a persons property for failure of payment. If the truck is in your grandfathers name they cant touch it. As long as his name is the 1st one on the title. That makes him the primary owner and you are probaly just the T.O.D.
If you racked up 789.10 cents worth of interest on a $500 credit limit then you havn't apparently paid for awhile. You should of contatacted the card company and explain the situation. Beleive it or not most institutions will gladly work with you as long as you dont leave them in the dark. That tends to make them pissy. You should of read the fine print before getting the card, if you couldnt afford to make the payments then you sure as hell dont need one.
Im nearly 28 years old and I just got my 1st credit card 7 months ago. I have a credit score of nearly 730. They were offering me a limit of 10,000 to 15,000. I only wanted a couple of 2,000 worth,that way I could max it out and still easily pay it back with in a few months.

·
Anybody got a Band-aid?
1,917 Posts
]unless you defaulted in a court hearing for a debt, and you owe the state, and thats why they levied your personal property, QUOTE]

good point I hadn't even thought of that. thats why they could send a letter threatining to seize the property.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the bad thing is im only 22 and like a young teen i got crazy with them and regret it now. But i was planing on fixin my credit wit someone since my truck will be payd for soon and the max im in debt is like 5grand but when my truck is payd off that will help my credit and i got an 03 xtreme finaced last week also..

·
Sneaky White Person
9,765 Posts
wtf

didn't anyone ever tell you not to spend money you don't have?

·
Anybody got a Band-aid?
1,917 Posts
It happens. I watched my mom when she was going through her depression. She went ape shit with those ****ing things. Ended up running 45,000 on cards. Luckily I got to see what happens without actually doing it.

·
Sneaky White Person
9,765 Posts
It happens.
wtf?

Lightning just "happens." Pulling that plastic out when you know damn well you can't pay off whats already on it is 100% on the user. Stuff like that is just unfathomable to me i guess, i dunno. If i had $100 on my card and I knew I couldn't pay it off in full, it wouldn't even cross my mind to put anything else on it.

·
Anybody got a Band-aid?
1,917 Posts
wtf?

Pulling that plastic out when you know damn well you can't pay off whats already on it is 100% on the user. QUOTE]

I already menitoned that in a previous post. The kid admits he screwed, and is trying to fix it to the best of his ability.

Its called a learning experience. Say it with me L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E. The kid is 22 years old, he's still pretty wet behind the ears. Hundreds of thousands of people do this crap every day. Alot of them are even in their 40's. You hear the stories all the time, some people just refuse to listen till they actually do it.

·
umm yea
1,445 Posts
damn man your 22 and dont yet relize how important credit is!? what is wrong with people.

pay that shit off ANY way that you can and then dont get anymore credit cards or loans in any way that you dont have the means to pay back. and i dont mean that you just have the intention to pay back.i mean you have to actually have a job that your making enough money at to live, and pay them off.

god what is wrong with people.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts