S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a set of 18" Alba Blaze wheels with 225/40/18 tires. I bought them used and they are not made for an S10. Therefore, I had to get wheel adapters (1.3 inches). I don't know exactly how much backspacing there is, but it looks to be at least 3.5 inches, if not 4. My truck is lowered 3/3 with coils up front. Will I have any problems running this wheel and tire combination on my truck with wheel adapters? Thanks for any help.

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
The b/s of the wheel has like 4" of b/s?? If it does the adapters will push the wheel out more, possibly making the wheel stick out. Have you put them on yet?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't put them on yet, but I figure with all that backspacing, they should still stay under the fenderwells.

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Well with the wheel having a 4" b/s and the adapter being 1.3" you're not really adding any b/s to the wheel you're adding a thicker mounting surface. So it'll push the wheel out 1.3"

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that, but I should still have about 3 inches of backspacing, right? That is why I think they will stay inside the fenderwell. I'm not completely sure, however, and I appreciate the help. Thanks.

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
If you dont have them on tires yet the best bet would to test fit one on the front to see how it fits. And turn the steering lock to lock

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to wait for my wheel adapters to come in before I can do that. I ordered them yesterday, so they should be here within two weeks or so. Thanks for all the help, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts