S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Minitrucker
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to run 1/2" valves and 1/2" line to stones 2600's with 3/8" port on the bag and 1/2" ports on the tank. I also have a 2.2 engine. Will I be able to hop at 145 psi or would i need more pressure in the tanks? I will be getting my valves on monday and I just want to know if i will be able to or not. thanks

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I would assume no @ 145. I have 1/2 vavles, 1/2 line on a 4.3. It also depends on how big of tank you have. My little 5 gallon drops at least 20 psi just lifting the front, and its not all that fast..

·
Minitrucker
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave 2 five gallons connected right now and i am going to get a 12 gallon after x-mas

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
175 would do it... but what does it matter... you already have the setup, so just go with it, and if it hops.... cool, but if not, it will be damn close, and then you know you only need a pressure increase.

·
Minitrucker
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the setup but it is not on the truck right now. i am getting the new valves on monday but i have everything else. so we will see on monday or tuesday when i put them in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2LO2TOW said:
No you wont be able to hop at 145PSI.
and how would you know you didn't even think you could hook up a air tool to something with that much psi:rolleye

its all in the vavle placement ud probably need atleast 170 psi tho to get of fthe ground

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
ya you will

at 155-160 you should hop I have 3/8 smc's and 1/2 line and at about that I can hope an inch to 2 inches. 2.2 regular cab only bagged in the front.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
run 5/8 line and you will hop 4 inches at 150 with one flick of the switch with a 4 banger. and at 175 you will hop like 6 to 7. and thats if your running 3/8 smcs 10mm ports, and 10 gallons of air. be wise and spend the extra money and get bigger line. then when your hopping on 3/8 valves and people dont think that you have 3/8 valves then you show them, then they sit there like how did he do that at 175 psi, when im running 300 with four scubba tanks. Ive seen it in person. so its not what you have all the time its how you hook it up. Think about it. enough said, thank you Eric Powers @ K-otic Kustomz

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
K-OTIC KUSTOMZ said:
run 5/8 line and you will hop 4 inches at 150 with one flick of the switch with a 4 banger. and at 175 you will hop like 6 to 7. and thats if your running 3/8 smcs 10mm ports, and 10 gallons of air. be wise and spend the extra money and get bigger line. then when your hopping on 3/8 valves and people dont think that you have 3/8 valves then you show them, then they sit there like how did he do that at 175 psi, when im running 300 with four scubba tanks. Ive seen it in person. so its not what you have all the time its how you hook it up. Think about it. enough said, thank you Eric Powers @ K-otic Kustomz
ive got 5/8" line, 1/2" valves and mine wont hop until 160, and thats barely getting off the ground. ive also got a 4 banger.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
hey Kaotic, where are the valves mounted in that setup. I'm guessing that's the key to hopping.
later

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
its all in the mounting. now if i told you how to do it everyone would be doing it. I can, but i cant tell you, sorry when you see one of my setups hopping then crawl under it and see how its ran. thats what i did. look and see what they did then make it better. just like anything else, their is secrets. put i this way i can make an s10 hop with 145 psi 3 to 4 inches with 3/8 valvels at 145 And for everybody its not Kaotic its K-otic Kustomz 609 352 2845 i gave the phone number since the site is not up.

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
K-OTIC KUSTOMZ said:
then when your hopping on 3/8 valves and people dont think that you have 3/8 valves then you show them, then they sit there like how did he do that at 175 psi, when im running 300 with four scubba tanks. Ive seen it in person.
:werd: Ive seen it too, but I forget where................ Oh thats right my Blazer does that.

BaggnS10 said:
sounds to me like your only reason for posting that is to make money, not to help out fellow members of the board.
Sounds like your only reason for posting is cause your jealous your truck dont hop, Besides how would any buisness make any money if they told everyone how to do it themselves???? Thats why shops are here, to to do things for you that you dont know how to do and make a living doing it.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
BaggnS10 said:
ive got 5/8" line, 1/2" valves and mine wont hop until 160, and thats barely getting off the ground. ive also got a 4 banger.
You run blitzluft valves, and if i'm not mistaken, which i'm not, 1/2" SMC valves ARE faster than blitz valves, so that may be your problem.

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
<---is running 3/8 parkers w/ 5/8" line and my Blazer hops 'bout 1"-1.5" @ 145, Just ask Eric(K-otic)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts