S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Low N Slow
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm gonna make my own buckets for the caddy tails I got. My budget is getting low and I have other stuff I need to buy so buying new metal to make the buckets is kinda out of the question unless I have to have 18g metal. All the buckets I have seen are 18g.

SO I guess my question is will sheet metal from a truck bed be thick enough?
Thanks to anyone who answers...

·
Low N Slow
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i pay 17 bucks for a 3x4 sheet of 18ga here! not work making them with used metal you will lose metal trying to clean the paint off and its not gonna be really straight
Damn...I called the local metal place on my lunch break to get a quote...I gave them the measurements I needed and they told me it was gonna be like $140...I think they didnt understand what I wanted so I'm gonna stop by...

·
·
6,838 Posts
go to ace lowes or homedepot dont go to a metal shop

·
Registered
278 Posts
i bought some off of ebay like you did, they were made by a fab shop and bent by a round die in a press brake, they were semi close to fitting around the bezel but had pretty big gaps all the way around especially in the corners so i ended up cutting them apart and prefecting them, im really happy with how they are now that i did GOOD fabricating and took my time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts