S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck in a situation where I can buy a RF power amp for a decent price, but the catch is that its an 05 model and was installed Jan. 06..and just recently unhooked a month or so ago...It was hooked up by a dealer at 1 ohm for its lifetime...I was wondering if an amp ever loses its power (wattage)?? All right, to be exact its a 1001bd amp...and I have 2 T1's I want to power...birth sheet said around 1300 to 1400 at 1 ohm...I'm just wondering if it will be still powering around that range a year and a half later?

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
i dont believe that amp performance degrades with use or age but subs will as long as the amp is always hooked up right and not overloaded every minute it is on it will be fine

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
an amp wont "lose" power persay.. it depends on your electrical system to feed the current to the amplifier.. your electrical system and how you treat the amp will determine its lifespan and power output.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
yes it will. hardly noticeably, but yes, it will lose a little power (maybe 10w over it's lifetime). it's filled with tons of little electrical components and connections that break down every time they're used or even just sitting around. look up entropy in the dictionary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts