S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will a Zexel torsen hold up to..

An LS1 putting down maybe 350HP conservitivly..

I'll be keeping the 235's for a little while, so I think the axles can handle that..

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
I have heard up to 400rwhp

·
Wang!
27 Posts
You can't clearly specify something like this. It all depends the way you drive it, the traction available, etc... It's not the horsepower that will kill it, it is the way the power is applied and how badly it is loaded and shocked...

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
inst the Zexel only available for small (7.625") axles? maybe im confusing the gears and all that....but it doesnt seem like a 7.625" would stand up all that well to that power.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Well a guy that I know localy, with a 2001 SS maro w/ 6spd just blew his out. His mods are a wild cam, headers, slp loudmouth, Cold air lid, and self done LS1 edit tuning. My guess around 450+hp. All that happend was the guts of it came out and put a hole in the side of the differential case. Nuthin major :) He's got a moser 12bolt with 4.33's now.

IMO you'd be A-ok. :thumbup:

·
Wang!
27 Posts
I have an LS1 with a similiar setup, and I grenaded 2 stock rearends... I wised up and went to 12 bolt posi unit with 3.73's... There are LS1 cars out there with autos making ALOT more power than I am, yet they don't hurt rearends like the T-56 cars do... I would think all you will do is spin the shit out of em' and that wouldn't be too detrimental to the driveline...

Also, I dynoed just recently and put a bit over 390 hp to the rear wheels. I have an SS hood, cold air lid, LS1 edit, long tube headers, and custom true dual exhaust without cats... Should have my NOSzle system installed this week and hope to dyno then, gonna shoot for 500 rwhp on the juice ..

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about swapping a whole 12 bolt rear end..

Or upgrading the ring and pinion gear on the 7.5'' 10 bolt?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
He's talking upgrading to a 12 bolt rearend, the 7.5" just won't cut it. Is your avatar for real, LS1 + T56 for christmas? If so must be nice to have someone buy enormously expensive christmas presents.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it for myself..

Yeah, I guess I'll have to look into a 12 bolt in the future then..

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
The green 96 has the stock rear, 3.73 gears and the zexel posi. has 295 Yokohama street tires on the back. But it hasnt been run yet at the track with the Zexel unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts