S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking at getting a digital dash for his 89 S10 Blazer, rigth now he has the analog gauges in the blazer now. My 94 Blazer has the digital cluster, and he wants to put that style of cluster in his. is it possible?

·
Captain Clueless
53 Posts
From what I remember, it will fit. That being said, you have to change the mechanisms out to do so. The digital dashes use different types of sending units then the analog ones. At least this is what I remember seeing. I might be uncorrect, though, so you may want toget a second opinion. :)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
then 89 is probably digiyal as well just uses a different gauge.. i know my 90 is should be plug in play but may need the wiring harness as it may be different

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
the plug that plugs into the gauges are different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work.
I ordered the Digital Dash in my 92 because I wanted a Tach. That was a mistake. The Tach uses bars to display engine speed. Each bar is about 250rpm. So it is impossible to get an accurate reading. Plus at 92,000 miles I was washing the truck, started it up to move it back in the carport and started to smell something. I look down and smoke was coming out of the dash. The entire assembly was shot. The shop was able to find a replacement in a junk yard for $500.00. When they went to install it, he called me and asked what mileage was on the truck so he could set the odometer. In my usual honest self, I told him the mileage to within a few hundred miles. I could have said any mileage like 62k or something. Oh well.
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts