S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
would a 1995 Blazer passenger side front door fit on my 1995 S10 pick up truck? are they the same door? thanks

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Front doors are all the same on S trucks including crew cabs / Blazer/ Jimmys / Bravadas from 94-03 on trucks and 95-05 on Blazers. 3rd door has nothing to do with the front door. Trim will be different on the Jimmys and Bravadas than an S truck though.

·
Got me a Stepside!
385 Posts
Yeah ^ you cant buy a 98 door with 98 panels if you have a 94-97 Truck the panels wont match with the glovebox and the 94-97 panels wont mount to the 98 + door so make sure to get a 94-97 Panels and doors and vice versa

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
oh really? so i can only look for a 94-97 passenger front door for my 95 S10 pick up truck? otherwise i cant re-use my original door panel? is that correct? i also forgot to mention that i DO NOT have power windows or locks. so anyway, i just want to make sure i understand correctly....

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I don't buy that the inner door is different and you can't fit any year door panel to it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The mounting location for the inside handle/lock assy is different but it's easy enough to swap them out by drilling a hole or two. I had '98+ inside door panels and power accy switches (working) in my '96 Jimmy. Took me all of 3/4 of a day to do it without any guidance. If you put a late 2nd gen door panel in an early 2nd gen truck, you'll have to figure out a way to extend the door pins (that turn off the overhead lights). I found a couple of 3" long rubber tubes that fit over the existing door pins and cut them to fit.

·
Got me a Stepside!
385 Posts
I don't buy that the inner door is different and you can't fit any year door panel to it.

:rant: If he's wanting to keep his stock panels with no work then yeah it don't fit. (Without mods)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also, how can i tell if the door is an original GM and not a repo chinese door? like lets say im im looking at a 95 parts truck, is there a date code somewhere on the door? or something that will tell me its the original door from 1995?

·
Got me a Stepside!
385 Posts
Might want a 2nd opinion but I think there is a Gm tag on the inside of the door? My trucks been repainted and everything was stripped so I cant say for sure. ???

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Most should have a GM sticker with the VIN of the vehicle on it. Drivers side also has a couple other GM information stickers as well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how about a date code stamping ? i noticed my fenders have a date stamped on the top insides where the bolts are, do your have a date code there too?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how can i find out?

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
WOOOOOOOT! I found 20+ blazers in the junkards this weekend, but only a few trucks. And one had the door halfway off.:rotf: I shall go remove it the rest of the way.:rotf:

Trying to customize my s10 for $200.00 total. I'll do a build thread when I'm done. Trading and selling my way there.

·
The Chop Shop
419 Posts
I replaced a door on my '94 s10 with a '98 Blazer door(r/f),fit perfect.But...........I ended up cutting out the whole inner door structures out of both doors and welding 'em back together so I could stay with the '94 door panels/linkages,etc.It was kind of alot of work,but I already had the '98+ Blazer door so it didn't cost me anything,but some time.

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
Are electric window and manual window door frames the same? Most of the ones I find in the boneyard have the door panels already missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front doors are all the same on S trucks including crew cabs / Blazer/ Jimmys / Bravadas from 94-03 on trucks and 95-05 on Blazers. 3rd door has nothing to do with the front door. Trim will be different on the Jimmys and Bravadas than an S truck though.
All s10 doors are created equal just as god intended.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts