S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dreaming of Turbos....
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of wheels to replace my zq8s and maybe aid in traction. I found a set of vette replica wheels with 19x11 rears and they suggest a 305/30r19. Tire. I have seen this size on other s10s but they were all extremes. I have a reg fleetside bed so no flares for me. The back end is dropped 2-2.5". Since i have to run spacers anyways i figure i might have some room to play with but will they fit?

·
I turn.
2,611 Posts
I run 295/35-18's, 10.5" Z06 wheel, 2.5" spacers, 3" drop. Fender clearance is no problem but the driver's side scuffs the inside of the bed occasionally when I'm racing. My axle is offset to one side a bit. I would guess a 305 would work. Depending on the manufacturer a 305 may actually be narrower than a 295.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looking for a set of wheels to replace my zq8s and maybe aid in traction. I found a set of vette replica wheels with 19x11 rears and they suggest a 305/30r19. Tire. I have seen this size on other s10s but they were all extremes. I have a reg fleetside bed so no flares for me. The back end is dropped 2-2.5". Since i have to run spacers anyways i figure i might have some room to play with but will they fit?
I think if you went with a 7.5" to 8" backspacing (considering use are use a stock width explorer 8.8) it would tuck nicely. I'll get a upward shot of the rear tire. You know I'm running 19x10 with 7.27" backspacing.

·
Dreaming of Turbos....
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 8.8 has been narrowed to what was supposed to be stock 54.5" wide but he only cut out 4". I measured it last night from rim seat to rim seat its 55.625" Im going to have to run spacers regardless so I can adjust it to wherever it needs to be but just hoping it will tuck. Wheels are ordered and tires have been quoted just waiting on the rims to show up then Ill take them in to have the tires mounted up.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts

·
Dreaming of Turbos....
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill will for sure consider a tool like that. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts