S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 99 GMC jimmy candy painted with ghost graphics 22's spinnin interior done. next thing i need to do is under the hood. a friend of mine bought a 2003 fullsize standard cab and standard box with a 4.3 vortec in it. it has 900 miles on it. i can get it off of him for around 900 bucks but i was wondering if it would fit i already got a 4.3 in mine. but i don't know if anything is different. let me know if you think its possible and what hold ups i might have

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i think the only difference is the y-pipe and maybe the cam, but as far as block size, ect, it should drop right in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so just pull mine out and drop that one in. do you think it would make a HP difference? i can't wait i hope it works maybe then i can get my speed back a little and lil better gas mileage

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, the full-size 4.3L has like...200 or 210 hp stock, because of the computer and cam/y-pipe differences. are you getting the 4.3L cpu with the full size engine, too? im not sure if the S-10 cpu and the Silverado cpu are the same, especially since his is a brand new engine.

·
32,797 Posts
CandyPaintOn22z said:
ok so just pull mine out and drop that one in. do you think it would make a HP difference? i can't wait i hope it works maybe then i can get my speed back a little and lil better gas mileage
Your Jimmys 4.3 has 190 hp.
That fullsizes 4.3 has 195 hp.

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Would hardly be worth your time, IMHO.

·
12,507 Posts
i didnt read right and thought his engine was blown up, but that was in a different post. unless there's something wrong with the 4.3L in yours, there is no reason to drop another 4.3L in.

·
Registered
262 Posts

It's hardly any difference in power but if you're just looking for a fresh new engine, sure why not do it?

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
How many miles has it got on it candypaint?

If you had to put a new engine in anyway, then sure, may as well get 10 or 20 more horsepower out of the deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts