S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone sorry i can find any specs on this question anywhere and i was hoping you could help me out. i have a 2003 extreme, i lowered it with the 2-3 drop. My friend wants to sell me twenties for an outrageously cheap price. Will they rub? if so what is the biggest i can go? and also if anyone knows how much the stock extreme wheels weigh, that would be awesome, i dont want to slow down the race truck too much:) thanks all!

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also....will wheels fit from a 94 s10? or do i have to get a "lug converter"

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
well first off.. i wouldn't put 20's on a "race truck"

mine rub at full lock with 255/35's and i have a 3/4 drop.. but mines not a zq8
i'd say you will still rub with a zq8+2/3 ....
if i were you i would run 245/35's and then id go from there.. but from what i've seen they will still rub on big bumps and very much of a turn

and if they fit a 94 they will fit your truck :D

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think your right about putting them on the race truck..:) but it is such a cheap price. but i am not willing to sacrifice speed and drivabillity (the rubbing on turns and bumps). I think ill go w/ some 18's. ill be allright w/ those wont i? no rubbing? and also if i get 18's will i NEED to get a hypertech programmer? because it throws off speedometer (and in turn the odometer) right? sorry if my questions are dumb. thanks for your help all!

·
9 Posts
i have 18's and they rub when i turn the wheel all the way, or when there is extra wait in the back they rub when there are bumps.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
20's on a 2/3 + xtreme, will rub like crazy. if you dont want any rubbage at all then go with a 17" or 18" wheel.

what kind of 20's are they, the ones you could get? sell them on here for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts