S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever I start my truck after its been sitting for a little while
I start it up and when I put it in gear its like it (hard to explain) revs up a little bit and i see it on the tachometer too! it dosent rev up high just a little bit, but it goes up and down very very fast
almost like a shaking feeling - it looks like it jumps up and down, its only happens for a couple seconds,
I almost wanna say its like the truck is not getting fuel for a couple seconds and it hesitates or something, like I said its very hard to explain, i guess you have to see it/hear it, it doesent matter if i put it in reverse or drive

sorry to explain it so shitty but anyone have any similar problems?
im thinking on replacing the fuel filter and plugs first

·
Registered
150 Posts
What are your miles and are you letting the engine warm to operating temp before putting it in gear?

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
105, 658

I usually let it run for a few before putting it in gear yea

Its never done it before, its wierd, but after it does it, it runs
100% perfect, its just after starting it and when i put it in gear,
but then again, it just started doing it a few weeks ago

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, I would start with changing the fuel filter if that has never been done or it's been more then say 30K miles or so. It could be any number of things since you say it just started. Did you switch gas octanes or brands? When was the last time it had a major tune-up? Fuel Filter, air filter, fuel injector cleaning (not the bottle stuff although some do work well) throttle body cleaning, spark plugs, wires. Cleaning and changing all that stuff can make a world of difference in performance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd guess your idle air control is getting carbonned up some, sticking a little. This is on the air valve on the intake. Might try cleaning it with some carb cleaner, but maybe best to leave it alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts