S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper is ma BITCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the widest tires everyone can squeeze on the back without heavy modifications, i need traction and i need wide tires, also does there get to be a certain point where the tire width actually hurts traction? i posted this on this first gens section because that is what i have and i thought there would be a diff from the 2nd gen trucks. thanks
l8ter,:far: :booty:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
skaling said:
why do you need traction?
looking at that pic it looks like hes stuck in the snow....

thunder i dont think wider will ever hurt u i mean i see dragster with tires that are 2-3 feet wide....i may get to the point where it wont help cuz u dont need it and the slight weight increase will hurt you...doubtful tho

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
295's will fit no mods at all
slight rubbage around corners, but no mods ;) and it will clean your frame for you, down to bare metal tho =P

·
Registered
275 Posts
33" Mickey Thompsons and a bag of sand. That should get you out of that snow bank!:bah: Sorry.

I would guess that it depends on the rim diameter and how big of a drop that you have.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
i have 245's im waiting to put on, i don't want them to rub, i need spacers tho

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
with the right back spacing you shouldnt get any rubbing...i'm getting 275 for the back 225 for the front and they shouldnt rub....if u have a drop and wide tires all the way around you'll get rubbing at full tilt.....

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
CynicX said:
with the right back spacing you shouldnt get any rubbing...i'm getting 275 for the back 225 for the front and they shouldnt rub....if u have a drop and wide tires all the way around you'll get rubbing at full tilt.....
yeah your right but its different for first gen guys we need back spacers no matter what because rims weren't stock for us.

·
Body Mod Genius
11 Posts
If its for the snow then what happens the tire if its too wide it will actually kinda float on the snow hard to explain u just got to think about it and it will come to u :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
snakes10 said:
If its for the snow then what happens the tire if its too wide it will actually kinda float on the snow hard to explain u just got to think about it and it will come to u :cool:
:bs: Maybe it isn't.... but I am slightly buzzed:beer: ... I am tired, and I don't want to think. Can you just explane it?

Don't get pissed about the :bs:... I am j/k

·
Body Mod Genius
11 Posts
Its alright man I ain;t goin to cry over something like that lol but anyway Your tire leaves a big foot print in the snow depends of the tread depth if it is good or bad. If it isn;t deep enough then your tire rides on top of the snow. If u have a deep cut tread is will kinda cut through the snow :bash:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i've seen in person 295's on a 6" drop on rear with no mods to acomidate the tires.....it was on 18x10's with a 5.5 bs or at least thats what the guy told me....i know they were 295/35/18.....

98 ss on nos has 295 on his truck ask him how they fit.......

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
snakes10 said:
the snow thing was a joke....think about it and it will come to u :stupid: :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man.... I think too much as it is. I'll just ask you next time I see you in chat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much are your trucks lowered to fit these tires?
I can only fit a 235/50/16 on mine, i had 245's on but when i put the drop leafs in, they started rubbin on the shackle...
I have about a 5/6 drop in my longbox

1 - 20 of 23 Posts