S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my bodydrop, and plugged every harness back together, now i have vacuum issues. I have an 01s10 with the 2.2 and it only has vaccuum in like 3 places, they are hooked up, my truck starts for a second and dies. the fuel pump is on and i gave it gas and got it to start for 10 minutes, turned it off and it will not start again, my mechanic says its a vacuum issue and its either the canister on the fender, or the evaporater down by the passenger side frame horn, both have been moved and depending on their angle it will kickover or wont even turn on. has anyone had this problem? and if so what did you do to correct it? i need to drive my truck again!! thanks in advance guys...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one can help? nobody has had this problem? Well i figured it out somewhat... My security light is on and i am hearing that when thats on you need to first use the stock key and see if it works because that can be it, otherwise i may have to take it to the dealer and get the computer reprogrammed. because it was unplugged, thats why the security light is on. im going to try that when i get off work and see what happens

·
Registered
279 Posts
go get a book on ur truck at auto zone or w.e it will tell ya some troble shooting on whats wrong with ur truck and tell u how to fix it or wat is wrong

·
custom man
24 Posts
what year is your truck

·
custom man
24 Posts
when i did mine i think i got rid of all that shit but let me check ill be right back

·
custom man
24 Posts
mine is a 98 also and i dont have any of that.now on the 00 that iam doing right now it did and im gona get rid of it all also. just plug the lines and try that

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
do you got spark?

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
not to jack thread.. but plugging the lines work.. Cuz i will have a few vaccum lines open.. and i was wondering what to do.. ie.. brake vaccum line, one that comes off top of vavles, i think one to washer fluid tank

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
pics?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts