S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
cause it looks bad ass when a ss camaro gets beat by an s-10 with an ls1.:thumbup: :evilg:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why? I guess I should ask this: Why drive a belly button car? Every body has a Camaro or Trans Am. Don't believe me? I have 2 and my friend has 1, heck there about 1,000 of them runniing around here. There are 11 of them within a mile of my house.

Oh, sorry, back to the question: Why put a V8 in an S10? Well, here is what I say:

1. No one thinks an S 10 is fast.

2. I like to watch guys in Camaros cry and suck their thumb. (I'm talking about the big mouths that can't back it up. My buddies 10-11 second Camaro will blow my doors off; I'm not talking about those. Just the morons with bone stock ones that think they can beat everything.......get a life.)

3. How many times have you seen an S 10 doing 145+?? Kind of a surprise isn't it? Hell, I surprised the State Patrol on the Power Tour this year.......

4. No matter what kind of Camaro it is people think it's fast. What is the fun in that??

5. Something about being able to run 11's, 12's or whatever.......and still being able to help a friend move or go pick up the engine for your new project. Try that in your Camaro. And no, moving a box of dishes or picking up the new 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine for your roto tiller doesnt count. :bah:

I could go on......but what's the point. Maybe the question is: Are you having an identity crisis???? This is an S SERIES BOARD not a Camaro board. Try camaroz28.com, fbody.org, etc.

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Damn straight. What about chicks diggin the mini trucks more too. I think since I've ditched my car I've had more of my female friends (single or otherwise) wanting to go for a ride to look good in a nice looking mini :D

Besides where's the Chevy love at huh?

·
2,186 Posts
IndigoXtreme said:
Damn straight. What about chicks diggin the mini trucks more too. I think since I've ditched my car I've had more of my female friends (single or otherwise) wanting to go for a ride to look good in a nice looking mini :D

Besides where's the Chevy love at huh?
damn focken skippy! took the words right out of my mouth!:thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol except for that part where the ss would never be beaten by a s-10 O_O... plz man u put all that money for a motor for a truck.. what a waste ;(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm... u got some weird ass female friends lol!!!!!!!!!!! i am pretty sure my friends preferred the car when i asked.o_O

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no one thinks s-10's are fast... lol my dad built a chevy s10 that went 11's under 10grand.. they are a cheap car since they weigh so lil... infact.. u can ask blkxtreme... lol he knows oh so much about that truck... 145? where the hell do u go 145 in a truck? ur just askin to die.. and what does it take 5 miles to get that high? lol

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I remember when i took my truck in to get the dent pulled that z28 put in it trying to jump in it. All the guys at the paint shop talked about was his dads s-10 with all the work he had done to it, the owner said he was afraid to drive it because it was so fast he didn't think he could handle it. AHHH memories

·
2,186 Posts
Z28>Xtreme said:
no one thinks s-10's are fast... lol my dad built a chevy s10 that went 11's under 10grand.. they are a cheap car since they weigh so lil... infact.. u can ask blkxtreme... lol he knows oh so much about that truck... 145? where the hell do u go 145 in a truck? ur just askin to die.. and what does it take 5 miles to get that high? lol
dude, in my own personal opinion, dont come on a s-10 site and diss s-10s, show a lil respect why dont ya?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
even I know better than that....I have a V8 s10 do you??? no...you can buy a v8 camaro..I know..I used to own one..I would much rather have a V8 s10....Biotch!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my dad had a v8 s 10? and i can bet my life savings on it that it was faster then urs. Now u say not to come but i like s 10's... i think i posted somewhere else on this forum that i do like them. They are very stylish vecahiles... ok i can't spell.. Anyway, if they are chevy.. i like em... i just don't see the point in the work some of u put in ur trucks when half the time it don't help... and the other half it makes them look like high quality **** :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
From an 80 mph roll, my truck will smoke a stock SS camaro to 145 buddy. I have done it. One of the 106 LT4 SS's?? That's a different story. It also beat a friends 97 mustang with an ATI procharger from an 80 mph roll. He runs low 11's. If you care for a ride, come on by. All I ask is what I ask of everyone that wants to ride that fast: Sign an affidavit stating if you are killed in an accident when riding you can not sue me, my insurance company, or any one I know.

BTW, the 145 mph ticket was on the Hot Rod Power Tour this year. It took less than 10 seconds to pull from about 75 to 145+ Don't believe me?? Ask the dude from the DuPont booth in the Ranger with a Cobra 4.6 and 5 speed. He couldn't hang and he was running almost 150 when he saw the cops. You can even ask the guy from Hot Rod that was doing 110 in his "repair truck on wheels" when we blasted him.

Maybe you should check my site before you try to say the above is not possible. http://www.aldersgarage.20m.com The truck I am talking about is Wildside and Wildside 2. make sure you pay close attention to the engine pics. you will then understand why. I am not claiming to beat any fast car in the quarter as I smoke the tires over half way through. From 75 or 80 up it pulls hardcore as I don't spin that much. I usually just lock the converter, drop to 3rd ( I have a manual valve body) and nail it. when I get around 6800, I pull it to 4th. Bye Bye.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
i have a z28 and a s10 guess which one all my money goes on? and guess which one turns more heads?

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
I think what it is, is just that this guy had his @ss handed to him buy a s10 and has to relieve someone of the penis uh i mean truck envy:D

·
2,186 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
I think what it is, is just that this guy had his @ss handed to him buy a s10 and has to relieve someone of the penis uh i mean truck envy:D
LMAO

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.