S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think this is normal and the links are pulling in oposite directions so I assume something was built wrong, either the links or the dif mount. Any other ideas?

·
Drives a Honda now #JDM
3,446 Posts
judging from second pic where you can barely see the bolt stud, Id say the bolt(s) are too small?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
We had a part-time guy in here helping us prep some parts to get orders shipped quicker through the tax season. He had not set the variable speed tubing notcher to the corect angle which caused the trouble you see in the pictures here.

The weld on rod ends are at such an angle that cause them to sit crooked compared to the mounting hardware. I had spoken with Tim on the phone when he had discovered the issue. He will be receiving his corrected set of upper bars free of charge once they come back from the powdercoater.

There were only a handful of link setups that were built with the incorrect angle on the upper bars before it was corrected so have no fear if you are considering purchasing our 4/6link bolt in setup for the S10's. We warranty these kits against any fitment or manufacturing issues. If anyone has any other questions about this link setup or any of our products please feel free to shoot me an email. [email protected]

·
Miss you bella!
2,094 Posts
Tom, I was just referred to this thread by a friend of mine on here. I bought my 6 link during tax season and my bars look identical to that and when I lift, just before full lift there are two loud "pops" that I am thinking is from the bushings binding like the ones above. Would I qualify to exchange my bars too? Only problem is I'm moving from La to FL on the 26th of this month and the truck has to be driven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts