S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bash: okay guys two questions....first off...why do people get aftermarket Y pipes. OUr y pipes arnt like cast and have tiny holes so what is the difference? Is there that much of a hp gain? sound? if so i am gunna make a custom 3 inch Y pipe for my 94 TBI....and...i have a cherrybomb glasspack on my 4.3 and it sucks....its not loud enough. i saw a mustang with the setup i want....single in muffler with dual out and 3 inch pipes going out infront of the rear tires...sounded nice on the stang but it looks wicked race like so i want it...sum1 said it was illegal to do this? is this so? and i heard flow and it sounded kinda funny any other suggestions on my muffler in the same price range? thanks guys:evilg:

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
In most places on pick em up trucks you can have the exhaust exit after the cab instead of after the rear wheels, so yes its legal for you. It was illegal for the mustang unless it came like that from the factory...

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
gibson has a system like that, think its called the Sport truck package.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the y pipe issue? thanks for the input

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
people get y pipes because they have larger diameter piping for more exhaust flow......just like why you put on a bigger exhaust system...more flow more power

Caleb

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i figured as much but our yh pipes look like they get the job done and there rnt ne baffles or nething i i dint know why...is hp and sound worth me makin my own

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Dude, the ypipe is majorly restrictive. Upgrading to the SLP ypipe is the best performance mod I've done to my truck.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aahhhh ic ic i am gunna make a custom one maybe 2.5 to 3 inches so i can make sure itll clear everything no hassle and what not..thanks guys p-out...zygote..man...u know what a zygote is?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
sonomakid94 said:
aahhhh ic ic i am gunna make a custom one maybe 2.5 to 3 inches so i can make sure itll clear everything no hassle and what not..thanks guys p-out...zygote..man...u know what a zygote is?
I wouldn't make it bigger than 2.5. Mine is 2 1/4 and its cool.
And yes I know what a zygote is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah 2.5 sounds good how much hp u gaining from these little bits of beuty.....zygote what did u have done when u ran 15.168? were u bone stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts