S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
then i take a left turn it pops but not a right turn. then i start it sometimes does it and even when im getting out of my truck and shut the door it does it. it didnt start untill i got my alignment. i took it back to them and they drove it and it didnt pop. i thought thats what they would says so they would'nt have to fix it. the only thing they saw wrong was the driver side shock is bad. thats the same side as the poping, could this be whats making the noise?

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
check your ball joints for cracks, thats a warning sign

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem with my 94. Had the upper control arm bushings replaced on the left side and of course an alignment and that took care of it for about 3 days now it's doing it when I make turns either way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is occuring on my Jimmy when I take right turns. I found out that my CV axel boot has a nice hole in it, causing all of the grease inside to fly out. The joint has been without grease for a while now and makes nice clunking noises.

So it's either your ball joints, or your CV half shaft. Look at your boots down there and see if there is a bunch of grease flung all around.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i get the same sound, my ball joints are bad so im blamng it on that...replacing my ball joints this week so if it goes away thats what the problem is

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Xourque said:
This is occuring on my Jimmy when I take right turns. I found out that my CV axel boot has a nice hole in it, causing all of the grease inside to fly out. The joint has been without grease for a while now and makes nice clunking noises.

So it's either your ball joints, or your CV half shaft. Look at your boots down there and see if there is a bunch of grease flung all around.

My 99 Jimmy is doing the EXACT same thing lol,
Driver side. :rant:

·
Registered
2 Posts
fixed this on my blazer a while back. It wasn't the CV or the balljoints. Its a bushing like what was said above. I don't remember what the bushing was for, but they are directly under the doors, you'll see them on the frame. Its a metal box with a stud out the top, that has rubber in it, only, when you look at yours, less rubber. I also had to cut the stud on mine to get one side in. But this was a long time ago, I wish I remembered more, if I go look at it again I'll remember better and repost for ya.

BTW, this is if your talking about the metal *clunking* sound you hear when turning. Not the CV *ticking* sound... My balljoints were bad, but they didn't make any sounds...not saying they don't but I didn't hear any from mine before I replaced them.

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
torsion arm bushing^^^^^^^^

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
bvr775 said:
99-01????? see if your under the recall

Recal?

Do share lol

Also When I stop real quick I get a clunk

Torsion bar bushing maks alllot of sense I will have to go look.

·
Registered
568 Posts
it was a blanket recall for balljoints and ideler arms from 99-01. it'll depend on how maney miles you have and you really have to push to get it done because s-series and t-series trucks arn't listed on the recall sites, but they were included in the service notes for the recall

1 - 11 of 11 Posts