S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the battery i have 4 ga. power wire, with a 100 amp inline fuse, running to the dist. block. from there i have 8 ga. running to power the amp, and a small wire running to the crossover. i have a 8 ga. ground on the amp running about a foot away grounded to the frame. i grinded the paint off well. for the crossover ground i have a wire of the same gauge as its power grounded the same way as the amps ground. the amp has 2 30 amp fuses and i turned the key on and 'pop' they both went kapoot. went to my inlaws and got 2 more from my father in law. double checked everything that i could think of and put 2 more in, turned the key, 'pop' again. the crossover is fine and still getting power its just the 2 in the amp that keep blowing. anyone know what to check?

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
DO NOT TRY 2 60 AMP FUSES!!! that is impropper practice!!!

Check your cables!!! make sure your power wires isnt frayed and grounding out somewhere! check to make sure your 12v turn on is giving 12volts also.. things like that.. there could be many causes to your amp blowing.. check to see if when theres no RCA cables plugged in if it does that.. but NEVER EVER change the fuse rating higher than what the manufacturer recomends

1 - 5 of 5 Posts