S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get bags for my truck for christmas. my mom doesnt understand the whole fact of getting bags. she thinks its a waste of money and that the low riders went out about 10 years ago.....I showed her pics, vids and everything else to try to convince her, but she still thinks its stupid. what the hell do i tell her to make her understand that when u got a s10, u gotta get bags for it???

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
just knock her out and steal her credit card...and order some up...when she wakes up...tell her she is the best mom...and thank her for getting the bags...well tell her it could save your truck one day...no it could be just lowered and stuff but what happens if it rains and it floods...you would ruin your lowered truck...now if you had bags you could lift it higer then the water...and be saved...ahahha...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na its not even making excuses for it. its more like, whats the point of spending all that money to make ur truck go up and down. i say cuz its my truck and ill do whatever i want to it and thats all that matters, but all i keep hearing is that low riders went out in the 80s????she is out of her mind. Like, what did everyone tell their friends n family after u got bags? why did u get them

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
tell her that her kitchen was a waste of money. when there is a perfectly good taco bell and burger king down the road. just find something that she truly likes and tell her it was a waste of money. :D

j/k.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
dagreenmonster said:
na its not even making excuses for it. its more like, whats the point of spending all that money to make ur truck go up and down. i say cuz its my truck and ill do whatever i want to it and thats all that matters, but all i keep hearing is that low riders went out in the 80s????she is out of her mind. Like, what did everyone tell their friends n family after u got bags? why did u get them
ya need to correct her...they are not lowriders...they are mini trucks...and hand her a issue of minitruckin...and i didnt tell my parents when i first bagged my sonoma...it came home and i told them to go outside...i was like pssssssssssssssssssst...they liked it...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Yah dude my mom loves for me to hit the switches...when I get home at night she comes outside to see the truck get grounded.....it's great. Tell your parents that either way your truck is gonna be low...whether you can raise it back up to avoid the dead cat in the middle of the road, or the rocks that seem to always be in the middle of the driveway is another story. In the end bags are better than a static drop......put it to them like that??
Chris

·
without the 20's...
504 Posts
tell her it makes your truck so much safer and will protect you if you were ever in an accident. lol. i think she'll buy it... literally!

·
aka 74 courier
742 Posts
i jsut told my parents about it non stop and they finally gave in and got me some of my bag parts

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I just layed out how much it would cost, and proved I could afford it, and my rents had no problem with it. They've always been like that. If I can prove I can afford it, and I'll like it (which, I LOVE MY BAGS!!!), they'll back me.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
just tell them you're gonna go spend all that money on drugs then, thats one of the main reasons my parents like the truck, theres way worse shit i could be puttin money into

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
dagreenmonster said:
I wanna get bags for my truck for christmas. my mom doesnt understand the whole fact of getting bags. she thinks its a waste of money and that the low riders went out about 10 years ago.....I showed her pics, vids and everything else to try to convince her, but she still thinks its stupid. what the hell do i tell her to make her understand that when u got a s10, u gotta get bags for it???

dude i hear THE SAME THING. i want bags for Xmas... and i only live wit my mom and she is car dumb.. she dont want to hear it. she says its a wast of money.. and it will make the truck junk... i thought it was only me lol but i c ur in the same boat as me. im only 16 tho and i want to bag the front... but she is really puttin up a fight about it.. and i told her my truck lemme do what i want. but with my mom ANY thing that is not STOCK is rong... but needless to say i orderd my bag sat :thumbup: and i told her i thought her FORD was junk.. that didnt help hahaha G/l keep workin at it tho she will give in

·
Registered
235 Posts
anything i can pay for w/ my parents i can get... and my mom likes it when its sitting on the ground ... and the best part about it is my lady likes to hit the switches=P

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
tell her because bags are badass and you can drag the hell out of it!!! tell her it sumthin to be proud of and say you love her sooo much good luck man

·
Registered
235 Posts
dont tell her anything about draggin then she gona think its illegal or something... tell her all the expensive vechiles off the facotry lots are on air suspension for better ride quality.. tell her you will get a better ride and have fun at the same time... its a win win situation...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
tell her you'll pay for half or something man, i mean bags are fuggin expensive, offer to help pay for them or sometthing, or just do what i did, my parents said i wasnt allowed to, so i saved up and had the parts shipped to a buddies house, waited till one late night, put the truck in the garage and my best friend came over and helped me work through the night and half the next day doing it, took my mom 3 months to realize i had bags and after that she just yells at me periodically for doing it. But my dad loves them

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
my mom's like.... "i don't know what the hell you need. I'll just give you money and you can order what you want." so i'll be callin Jason the day after Xmas...lol

but my parents were skeptical at first....but i helped a friend of mine bag his truck...and they've seen it. and they love it...so i'm in the clear.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
my family has always been into the hot-rod/ minitruckin' movement. My dad had a slammed first gen blazer and my mom really doesnt care... I think its all about peoples interests... if some parents are into music they will always let their kids do somthing to that nature... you should take your rents to a truck show and im sure they will enjoy...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts