S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
96blazer said:
That ebay one you linked above has a brushed finish, so it won't look very shiny (chrome-like).
Wish i woulda known that when i bought mine..now i gotta buy another one..it looks nice..but doesnt bling enough for me....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I guess i could always get it dipped in chrome or sumthin..lol

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We'll I'm sure I could spend the time and do a nice polish job on it...but it'll be easier just to spend the extra money.

And Chrome plating cost a fortune :02redxbla

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
if its brushed aluminum all you have to do is really fine sanding and polish the hell out of it. there is nothing on aluminum unlike chrome. why not get the brushed and just polish the hell out of it...

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Zipties! I bought mine off of a guy here on the forum, but ine look just like the ones in the link you posted...I used black zipties and you cant even tell they are there..

BlueBlaster01 said:
Anyone have the billet grills off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2447582666

How do they mount? And why are they so much cheaper than like trenz, or whatever...

Post pics of them too please...thanks guys

Oh, and I did a search, found a few posts, but I want more.

Opinions? Trenz Vs. Ebay?
:twiggss:

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, Maybe I will go with the ebay grill...

Since I'm like a poor high school student, every penny saved counts.

:clap:

·
Registered
701 Posts
How exactly would you polish it? I want mine to bling!! And yeh..you gotta love how it just zip ties in there..

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
youd have to fine sane it so its incredibly smooth, im talking getting up to like 400-600. then just get like mothers aluminum polish. if you have dremel it makes it easier, just polish on, then buff off.

·
What "Search&q uot ; Button?
223 Posts
Black zip ties to hold it to the grille. I also places some pieces of plastic about 3/4 in between the grille and insert, that way it stands out a bit more and the corners don't rub against the grille. Looks good!

·
Registered
701 Posts
hmm..maybe ill have to make it a weekend project..cuz im gonna be gettin an envoy bumper soon..and im gettin a polished grille for that and it would be nice if i didnt have to buy another grille for the top

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Sand with 2000 grit, then wet sand with the same grit. Then just polish with some Mothers billet polish and you've saved yourself a whole lot of money. It shouldn't take more than an hour.

·
Drivin' 2 Noma's
4,274 Posts
I sanded my brushed grill smooth then had it professionaly pollished to BLING! It turned out great, I'm glad I didn't spend the extra cash.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
here is a pic of mine, ive had them on there for almost a year and i havent cleaned them yet...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts