S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm cruising home from my hair appointment today and i pull up to a stop light. I look in my rear view and theres a yellow prowler in it. I hear the little $#!t start revving his engine and i start to rev mine. The light turns green and i start smoking the tires. I take off and he tries to stay with me, I hit second and start to pull away, from there he just had no chance, mark 1 in the kill column boys.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
mmmkay a car that retails for about 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999$ spanked by a s10 damn life sux :thumbup: whats the purpose of those cars anyways? gotta look good in the rearview! :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not easy lookin as good as i do, you cant drive an xtreme if you look bad, plus the chick that cuts my hair is a MILF.

·
The Perfect Stranger
5 Posts
If I owned a Prowler I wouldn't care about speed, that car is pure badass...

Thats a car that you would just cruise in IMO...am i wrong?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont get me wrong prowlers are very nice lookiong expensive overpriced cars, and if i owned one i would rip out the stock engine and put something bigger in it, cause there is no reason a car that looks that good should be that slow, it would be bad ass if it would run with vette's or even vipers.

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
I was also shocked when I discovered how slow they are. So much Hype over the car, and it turns out, they're pretty slow.

Greg G.:bah:

·
355 says, Ford SV What????
30 Posts
No offense, but.....

id it was yellow, it's a 99+ and the 99+ prowlers have over 250 HP from their 3.5 V6. they run to 60 in the mid 5s and hit the quarter in the low 14s. The 97s only had 215 HP, but could still hit 60 in 6.9 seconds, a lot quicker than an extended cab extreme (they were all purple BTW). No offense, but he wasn't racin' Also, all Prowlers have automatics

Brian

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
are u sure the prowler was racing?.....stock prowlers are designed to run 13.2 1/4 out of the box.....13.2 with the v6!!!!!!! check it at www.car-stats.com

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Only Prowler I see is a 99 and thats runnin a 14.7 ? I gaurantee they didnt add enough horse to drop quarter mile times by 1.5 seconds.....Last one I saw go was gettin his ass whooped by me in my freinds 98 GST Eclipse w/ Boost controller and 3" Downpipe.
Better check those stats.

According to Plymouths Site, It's got 253 Hp @6400 and 255 lb/ft of torque @ 3950. Geared right and with a good jump, there is no reason why a modified Extreme could not outrun one. Especially being as half the guys that own them really don't know how to drive them...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only Prowler I see is a 99 and thats runnin a 14.7 ? I gaurantee they didnt add enough horse to drop quarter mile times by 1.5 seconds.....Last one I saw go was gettin his ass whooped by me in my freinds 98 GST Eclipse w/ Boost controller and 3" Downpipe.
exactly, old people that can afford them, dont know how to drive them to their fullest potential

1 - 16 of 16 Posts