S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94' 5-speed with Cavi buckets and need a good console. i want it to go around the shifter with maybe 2 cupholders and figure out someway to put a TV screen in there. Anyone wanna help me out? i would do it myself but i dont know howto fiberglass. $DUBDOUT$

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
LowSlungDime said:
i have a 94' 5-speed with Cavi buckets and need a good console. i want it to go around the shifter with maybe 2 cupholders and figure out someway to put a TV screen in there. Anyone wanna help me out? i would do it myself but i dont know howto fiberglass. $DUBDOUT$
Don't know if he is interested cause he's had some bad dealings on the forum but NickZigaitis is the man for the job. PM him and ask him about it. He is a fiberglass freak.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if he doesent work out any other takers? $DUBDOUT$

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
man, it honestly isnt that bad, and nick has a very very good fiberglass tutorial. just read it over well

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
who's nick? i just dont know where to get the materials ill try anything. $DUBDOUT$

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
LowSlungDime said:
who's nick? i just dont know where to get the materials ill try anything. $DUBDOUT$
Ahhhhh COME ON!!!!!, lol. You weren't one of the 19K+ people to look at my thread on glassing? J/K. I PM'd you. I need to know absolute details of what you want.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
dillon_b12 said:
Don't know if he is interested cause he's had some bad dealings on the forum but NickZigaitis is the man for the job. PM him and ask him about it. He is a fiberglass freak.
Thats right. I Am a FREAK, lol. I guess resin fumes have gotten a hold of me. I go bigger each time. Thanks for putting me out there.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Heathd said:
man, it honestly isnt that bad, and nick has a very very good fiberglass tutorial. just read it over well
I try. I have written a tutorial on glassing. There are many ways to glass. Just like there are many ways to paint. Everyone has their own technique that works for them. The tutorial I did can be found in the link of my sig. Take a read. It long as hell these days but there are plenty of example to work from.

What you'll find in the thread.

- 1 dash with TV built from the ground up using a 98+ dash bezel.

- 1 dash and TV having fixed some very serious fiberglassing mistakes by its owner.

- 1 console with guages using an existing Blazer console

- 1 Console completely fabbed from scratch using zero existing materials or oem console. Holds 4 Autometer Ultra-Lite guages and 5 switches.

- 1 sub box with 3 10" woofers and 4 amps for a regular cab, notched for a flush fit with the floor

- 1 sub box that was 30% skinnier than the 1st and had lost zero clicks on the seats and could fully recline the headrest to the window. This box also held 3 woofers and 4 amps along with a back up cam sitting mid-window.

- 1 pair of speaker dash pods using the oem grill as a base for proper fitment to the dash

- 1 Glassing of the HVAC controls into the glove box.

Some of the pictures have been lost due to the hosting site canceling accounts or no longer a hosting site. I am trying to rebuild the thread where pictures were lost.

You might be able to attempt this yourself if you read the thread. Glassing is mostly planning. If you plan accordingly, the glass will flow correctly.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
just go get some wood and fiberglass resin and stuff. make one. its not hard. and if u pay someone to do the labor and get the materials.. your wallet will be soar! i know if i charged someone to do the work that went into my dash, id be really poor. it cost me over 150 to do it myself! let alone the sanding and labor that went into it

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
rbryant4 said:
just go get some wood and fiberglass resin and stuff. make one. its not hard. and if u pay someone to do the labor and get the materials.. your wallet will be soar! i know if i charged someone to do the work that went into my dash, id be really poor. it cost me over 150 to do it myself! let alone the sanding and labor that went into it
Precisely. It all depends on what you want. If its a current configured console that you want modified, depending on the mod wanted (and I'll say it for non-advirtisement sake), I general don't glass that for less the $2 x 1 hundred, if you know what I mean.

If its a fully fabbed console from the ground up like in my thread. Well then you're easily looking at $4 x 1 hundred, again if you know what I mean.

Fiberglassing, depending on the application can be easy or it can be a bitch. But more importantly, it is a very time consuming ordeal with lots of labor involved.

But then again, and I'll quote a paint shop that gave me a $10k quote, "You have to pay to play". Pissed me off at first sorta until I thought about it. Then it made total sense.

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
NickZigaitis said:
But then again, and I'll quote a paint shop that gave me a $10k quote, "You have to pay to play". Pissed me off at first sorta until I thought about it. Then it made total sense.
good words to live by in this hobby...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Nick, could you make two sub boxes to fit in the jumpseat location in an extended cab? Like the ones Dennis was selling on this site?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts