S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the white face gauges are going slow. I'm a little anal about the truck so if they ain't perfect they don't go in. Was rummaging through some of my wife's craft stuff and was struck by lightening. Stain glass paint. Well after 2 coats and 4 hours to dry this is what they look like. They are actually brighter than this. I have them turned about halfway down due to the fact that at full brightness they seem to screww with the Dig. Camera...Question is. The Heat and A/C controls take what bulb. How about the light switches and the window and mirror switches in the door?. Can these bulbs be accessed to get 2 coats on them? . Ley me know what ya think. Any answers would be a big help....Bobby

Attachments

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
ooops, hit wrong button...anyway, how do you think those would last in terms of taking the heat in comparrison to leds?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they are. I think they look pretty F'in sweet. At full brightness they seem to float in the dash. Now on a mission to change all my lights to red except the interior dome and map. dip them in and tape them so they hang upside down. After an hour do this again. Let dry for 2 hours and install. May want to keep them on the dim side for 24 hours till they fully dry. Have a spot on a 100 watt lightbulb that is still good as when I painted it. Hope this helps

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
got mine from jo ann fabrics for $2.00. also seen it at michaels for $2 but its in a smaller bottle than what i got

1 - 7 of 7 Posts