S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be looking for a set for my bro's 03 Zq8 s10 and for my future 04 blazer xtreme....

what company makes the best clear corners......ones that dont leak, fog up, etc.. ???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pro Car Parts
I actually just ordered the about 10 minutes ago.
If you'd like to wait I will post pics once I get them and install them.
Others on this forum have them, I believe.
The only downside is that the side reflector is white not amber.
By law the front side has to be amber and the rear side has to be red, in other words, the corners are NOT D.O.T approved.
http://www.procarparts.com/store-list2.asp?makerID=5&modelID=31&year=2002&cat=4&sub=23
Thats a listing of all three S10 clear corners for my truck, don't know what truck you have, so you may have to search a little.
I'll let you know what I think,
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll post pics as soon as they are installed.
The only clear corners with amber reflectors that I have found are the APC clear corners.
ProCarParts seems to be the cheapest, I found some clear corners for over a hundred bucks and APCs are like 70 bucks.
I've got three things coming for my truck, I am way too impatient!
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just to give you an update, I won't get the clear corners until 12/2/03.
Fedex shipping was 30 bucks, UPS was 15.
If I went with Fedex I would have doubled the price, so you and me both will have to wait.
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
apc is garbage. i have them now. The lens is so thin i already have s tone cracks. One of the mounting clips broke like when i touched it. And they LEAK!

·
Registered
229 Posts
"The only downside is that the side reflector is white not amber.
By law the front side has to be amber and the rear side has to be red, in other words, the corners are NOT D.O.T approved."

So i cant have clear corners(96) with a amber bulb and it be legal???
LMK

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok, I got my clear corners last night.
I just installed them this morning, I really really like the look.
I'm gonna have to go over to my parents place and borrow their digital camera and then I will post some pics.
As soon as I can get them up, I'll post them here.
The look of clear corners are so much better than stock amber.
Yes, these have clear reflectors, so they are illegal.
I received a message with the lenses saying these are for offroad/show purpose only and they are NOT SAE or DOT approved.
I don't think I'll get a ticket for them though.
Now if a cop pulled me over and was looking for stuff to write me up for, then yes I would get a ticket.
Pics are coming..
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to keep anyone hanging, I just got the grille inserts for my Xtreme.
I should have pics tomorrow.
I really, really like the look of the front end now.
Thanks for your patience,
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok, finally, got a pic.
Forgive the image quality, the digi cam is great, the person behind the camera (me) is not.

I have a grille insert, clear corners, and a black bowtie, thats the changes that have been made.
The grill fits right in and zoom ties to the pre-existing grille.
Any input is welcome!
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pro Car Parts Clear Corners.
There are three different kinds, I got the ones for 27.00 bucks.
I really like them, simple to install and they came with amber bulbs.
http://www.procarparts.com/store-de...rts and it was 90.00 bucks. -TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Guys. I've seen the clear corners with the orange reflector on member rides in this forum, but I don't know who makes them.
Myself, I have APC. they fit well, haven't leaked or fogged.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only clear corners that I have seen with amber reflectors are the APC corners.
I personally don't like APC, plus the APC corners cost twice as much as tthe ones I got.
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a little advice.... Run a bead of silicone around the casing where the front attaches to seal them up. I did this to my tails after having others leak and there is not a single leak yet. I didn't do it to my clear corners and guess what? Condensation.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I just ordered the Pro Car Parts diamond clears. I think I will do the clear silicone around them so they last longer.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Liftedbronco said:
apc is garbage. i have them now. The lens is so thin i already have s tone cracks. One of the mounting clips broke like when i touched it. And they LEAK!
AMEN...same shit happened to me...clips broke within a couple days small cracks everywhere slight fading...they looked hot when they were new...unfortunately no one makes clears for s-10/blazer with factory fogs except APC so im stuck unless someone can tell me how i can relocate my factory foglights to me valence...also i think toucan made a corner that was killer...looked OEM quality plastic in the lens and backing and was smooth lensed not all rippled and whatnot like APCrap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts