S-10 Forum banner

Who makes a header for 01's !!!!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  gutlesswonder 
#1 ·
I keep hearing about kamikazi headers and pace setter but i can't find jack on their web sites! There has got to be someone who makes a header for the 01' 2.2's ! They're not too different than say a 98' 2.2 . The only difference i can tell is the EGR tubes by the no. 2 and no. 4 cylinders. Anyone have a web page or phone number for me?

#3 ·
I can guarentee you Pacesetter doesn't make one. I sell that garbage and they don't list it for any applications after '98. I'm excited about the STS piece, though.

-Chris

#4 ·
Yeah i'm aware of the STS header but god! They are so slow! All that is probably needed is to take an earlier model header and modify it. I think my turbo setup is coming along faster than theirs and i don't have the man power or time to work on it . Nothing against STS i'm sure they have way more to do then fool with lil 2.2 s-series. I think STS is a great company i just think some of this stuff is drug out too long !! C'mon STS we're waiting!!!!!!

#5 ·
be careful with those headers the sizing of the downpiping is way big on some of them and you can actually loose hp ive been through this with mine i have a kamikazie header on my 94 the down piping off the collector was like 2.75 around i had to have a custom one bent and torqued steped down in size to get back my bottom end acceleration, now if your running 200+ hp on your 2.2 then the down pipe size wont be too much of a problem but for those of you with minimal mods dont expect any kind of big power gains

#8 ·
I have a 98 s10 and bought my header from summit. it says it was made for 96-97 but i thought i would go ahead and see if i could make it work on my truck..
took a little bit longer to put on than i thought because i had to drill the holes for the crossover pipe bigger to fit up to the cat but other than that everything else seemed to fit just right. i also had to put heat shield on everything around the header cuz that biatch gets way hotter than stock. i finally got a little bit of power in my 3rd gear finally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.