S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Outta my mind
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace all my factory speakers next month but i want to have it all the same brand

i know i can do all sony and pioneer speakers but id like to know some other brands i can do

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Dont use 4X10's there sound quality is SHYT..and their priceys cuz there a wierd size..I'd just use your dash speakers then custom mount some in the doors if you dont already have door speakers..besides you don really want your highs commin from behind you!

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
BigE441 said:
:werd: and their sq is great...i've used them for a long time in my truck...one thing i suggest though...like your dash speakers they actually mount to the grill if that makes sense...i reccomend taking and putting some washers on the studs where the speakers mount...but only the two furthest back..this way you're kinda "aiming" the speaker toward to front of the truck..make sense? try it and let me know what you think

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
can u substitute the 4x10`s with a regular 4'' speak?? i was looking into the 4x10`s myself and prefer not to go that route!!

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
I have a set of Kenwood 4x10(2 way) for sale. $60 shipped used about 6 months. Removed due to custom sub box install. I paid $110 for them.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
everywhere i go people say that 4x10s suck ar$e....something like they are too long for their width...and the cone then doesnt make a clean sound? just what some audio junkie told me at a concert once

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
round speakers make better sound that oval speakers, for some reason i dont understand. probably has to do with sound dynamics and that FUN stuff. why not see if a set of 4x6" component plates (Infinity) would fit in the 4x10" hole?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am looking for a good rear speaker too and am having the same problem of finding one thats even close to being worth a $hit.
I have a set of Clarion Pro Audio 4x6 Plate speakers in my 81 Corvette that sound real good up front but even thinking of putting them in the rear columns of my extended cab gives me the willies.
Not something i really wanna do.
I have heard here that some have put a 6x9 in the columns but frankly find that hard to believe but as i have not removed the panel yet to see what it looks like in there i don't have any room to talk. If i could fit a 6x9 in there i think i would be more inclined to see if a 5.5 or 6 in round would fit. I am soon to embark on this wonderfull adventure and if someone doesn't beat me to it i will post my findings good bad or otherwise.

·
12,507 Posts
no, i mean 4x6" components. infinity makes a component plate speaker that has a round woofer, and a round tweeter. sounds VERY nice.

·
Registered
133 Posts
oh i have those lol but i dont consider them component,i need to get a amp to power them,they are powered by my alpine 9807

·
12,507 Posts
oooh, im getting a 9805, and speakers will be powered by an old MTX 4202 amp.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts