S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I do. No matter what it is I like to haggle. :D I can go to a swap meet and find something on sale for 5 bucks and still try to talk someone down just cause its fun.

Just now the mobile car washers came into my office and asked if anyone wanted their vehicles washed. They normally charge 20 bucks but I talked him down to $15 and got 5 other of my co-workers to give him business. So he is loving me right now :cool: When I go down to get my truck I should talk him down to 10 bucks for getting him so much business. :D

2 weeks ago I had to get my sister another sub woofer for her car because her stupid boyfriend blew her last one up. When I went into the stereo shop they wanted $110 for the sub I wanted and I talked them down to $80. I like haggling :)

edit:

what arguments do you like to use to get someone down in price? my use the old "well i called on the phone 3 days ago and this guy said it was this price" haha it always works.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
lol... i always haggle people on prices....if its a car i will have 5 other people call and ask how much and to say there not interested... at the end of the day i call and he sale's it to me for the price i want to give...:D

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol... i always haggle people on prices....if its a car i will have 5 other people call and ask how much and to say there not interested... at the end of the day i call and he sale's it to me for the price i want to give...:D
thats a good idea. I never thought of that b4.

high five for you little man. :cool:

·
Banned
851 Posts
I just shop lift it so no need to haggle,other then to haggle your way out of a fine or jail! lol,jk,,i hate ppl the steal,i low ball,and low ball, untill they take it

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
hahaha... works everytime...:D

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I only wanted a lumina steering wheel. The junk yard told me that they would not sell the wheel, rather the whole column. So, i had asked if it would be possible if there were any broken columns that I could jack the wheel off of. So naturally, I found the wheel i wanted, keys in the column, took them out and broke the column tilt. I walked in, put the wheel down and he told me "we don't sell wheels separate" I told them the column was broke. He said "oh" and I went about my day.

Later I found 3'' tips in my garage never used.....these were from 3 years ago. But i needed new turn downs. I went into autozone and told them I didn't have a receipt, and they let me exchange them for the right size.

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
Haggling skills comes with the territory of being a good salesman. My dad and I are both salesmen, so naturally, we are both excellent hagglers...

·
Trick Motor Sports
137 Posts
i just pay the price,lol
Why not try and save some money if u can? the worst thing is they wont budge then u pay the price but mostly it works.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i just pay the price!

if someone tries to haggle with me over the cost of a paint job ,i don't like it and usually send them down the road......

·
32,797 Posts
I haggle when it's appropiate, like at swapmeets and with used items and things of that nature.

Not so much an services and such, it'll usually ends up with the person doing half-assed work.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
I do it sometimes.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts