S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 2.2 without a tach. I was wondering if I bought a new whitefacegauge with a tach., would all the right wiring be there for an easy hook up? Or would I need to put in new wiring to make it work?

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
good question man, i got a 94 without a tach and was wondering that same thing, would anybody out there know for sure, it could would save me a lot of money than getting a aftermarket tach, those are kinda expensive.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for tha reply Altophobic, but i need to know for sure cuz i dont wanna get in the middle of a project and realize i have no clue what im doing.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
If you just bought the white face gages with tach then you dont have a tach. The white face thing is just a cover for the gages, you would have to buy a whole new gage cluseter that has a tach in it

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
does anyone have a part number for the cluster with a tach for a 2000 2.2l?????

·
295 Posts
here's the part number #EXPENSIVE. :)

i called a few local dealerships.. right around $250. buy an aftermarket tach. you'll save oodles of cash. just my $0.02.

·
295 Posts
really?? what state are you searching in?? thanks!

:jawdrop:

·
295 Posts
ahhhhh... i see... damn good prices. i just hope these are the actual things. anyone actually ever purchase through these salvage yards and this car-part.com place?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts