·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I accumulated everything I need for the install
NR Auto White Gauge Face $99
Camaro needles $20
New Gauge Cover (mine all scratched)

I started by removing the dash bezel, and the steering column cover. The cover was a bitch and I ended up breaking part of it, because you have to remove the key cylinder to remove the cover completely. Once that was accomplished I removed the four screws around the cluster and pulled it out. It will not clear the multifunction switch wires, so you have to unplug them.

After the cluster was removed you take out the four screws holding the cover on the cluster. Then remove the needlesThe gauge face comes with a little tool to remove the needles.

The gauge face pulls up with little effort. Be sure to remove the three needle rests off the gauge face as its pulled up, you will need those later.

Peel the backing off the new gauge face and install it lining it up with the tabs at the top. Press it down to insure a good fit. The needle rests were a little loose so I pulled the three tabs outward so they would fit tighter. i install the gauges and started the truck. be sure to write down the positions with the truck started FIRST, also leave the plastic cover off so you can reinstall the needles. push the needles back on the face in the correct position, do not push them in all the way, if you do back it off some. reinstall the clear cover and enjoy.

Before Picture

Removing the Gauge Face Off The Cluster

White Face Gauges And Needles Remover

Gauge Needle Rest

After Picture in the Dark

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Looks really good! Got some more pics of the whole thing during the day and night?

·
Registered
890 Posts
whered u get the camaro needles

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them from a fellow forum member........

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished install

the gauges look better in person at night !

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea they push right on............

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope, they fit right on. 95-97 with tach........you just peel the backing off and apply it to the cluster (after peeling off the old one)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts