S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I have an ongoing problem with my system, have tried everything from redoing my grounds to redoing my rca cables, dosen't matter what amp I use for my highs it still whines you know, alternator noise. Anyone have any other ideas I can try. I am running adequate gauge zero to my sub amp and 4 to my high output amp. Good grounds with the paint scraped off. Really don't know what else to do.

·
Zr2USA = B_Rich
2,657 Posts
I know you probably don't wanna hear this, but grab a piece of 12-14ga wire, and redo your headunit's ground. Find your own ground under the dash there, and make sure all of the paint is scraped away. Bolt 'er down and let 'er rip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
had the same problem, used all the right A cables wern;t too close cheked the ground at least three times, switched spots on ground a finall time and it went away. Now I have a new problem,new ppost

·
Registered
300 Posts
do the last one first!! most times, at least from my experience, you've got power wires too close.

in my case, my rca's from my 4 channel are too close to the power wire to my sub amp. causes an annoying whine every time.

pretty simple fix, move your four channel away from your sub amp.

·
Wocka Wocka
366 Posts
This plagued me for a few weeks, did everything mentioned above and it still whined. Replaced my Pioneer deck with a Clarion and it went away.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
i had a bad set of rca's kick my ass in a civic a few weeks ago....crazy whine and we figured it was his cheap shitty parts and not our nice new JL audio rca...well when we check the continuity on one of the sets we did not get a reading on the one rca....ran a new set and problem was solved...

what was funny was it was not even the set on the rca that was causing the loop...it was the ones going to the sub amp making the noise...strange shit

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try running a small price of 18 gauge wire from the chassis of you head unit to one of the RCA inputs on the head unit you could have a burnt internal ground that's what happen to mine and I did that and it took care of my problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts