S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody here tell me what kind of transfer case would have come attached to a 2.8L/5spd 4x4? The low range gear reduction rate is of interest as well. Also are there any web sites or resources that would help with my project?

The project: a 2.8L/t-5/?t-case Chevy/GMC powertrain for my little 4x4.

I am stepping up from the 89hp/101fptq 4cyl that is in my suzuki built 4x4 due to parts availability and reliability. The size and power of the 2.8 is just about perfect for what I am looking for. I am hoping to find a complete or near complete doner with this powertrain. The 2.8L 4x4 will be easy but the t-5(4x4tailshaft) I am not so sure about.

I would like to hear any input from members of this forum also.

Thanks,

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
2.72:1 low range reduction

also i have a spare t case i could sell ya off a 2.8

·
538 Posts
in fact i have a complete powertrain with the exception of its a auto, but anything ya need lemme know

·
538 Posts
oh btw this shouold be in the 4x4 section that i happen to moderate fell free to cruise over

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellers for the info.

And I'll keep you in mind for the spare parts although I don't really think I'll have much trouble finding those parts (engine/tcase) locally (Michigan). The biggest thing for me is to find a complete vehicle to swap the pieces from. At least I learned that much from my other projects.

And I'll swing the rest of my stuff to the 4x4 forum 'less it's purely 2.8 related.

Smasher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts