S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've askedWhat will fit behind my seat without moving the seat! Please tell me what sub to get... I would love to get two 12"s but can I get them without moving my chair up? If so recommend which subs I can get. I really dont know anything about stereos, all my other vehicles have always kept the stock stereo. I have a 2002 Reg. Cab Xtreme. just asking for sizes, and best quality. Thanks...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
im pretty sure you are going to have to move forward with any 12's behind the seat... ive had 12's behind and they were really snug with leg space the 8's are perfect.. never done 10's but from what im seeing they are about the same as 8's debth wise...
I love my JBL's though i know they are from the best... like the MTX subs as well.. there are a ton out there

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for asing dumb quetions but I'm clueless when it comes to stereo equpment. But, If I got 2 10"s what would be a good amp and how big of an amp would I have to get? Thanks again
Keith

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Xtreme02 said:
Sorry for asing dumb quetions but I'm clueless when it comes to stereo equpment. But, If I got 2 10"s what would be a good amp and how big of an amp would I have to get? Thanks again
Keith
always go big... i went 300 for a single 12 rated to 250 i use that 300 on my 2 8's the more power you feed them the better they will sound... the louder you turn the volume the closer you come to peak power... if you get an amp that is well above the subs power limit you can turn the amp down and lose a lot of the amp distortion i say with as much as you can afford go at least more than the subs can handle

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
audiobahn

I don't know if you guys have these in the US, but I'm sure you do. My friend just got a 12" Audiobahn sub in his single cab truck and it just pounds. Heres a link to there site.
http://www.audiobahninc.com/
I'm trying to blow mine now so I have a reason to upgade to one. They look and sound awsome.

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly how much room is behind the chairs? Is there anyway that I can get a 2 10" subs behind my chairs without losing room...If not I'll either get 2 8"s or 1 12 behind he passenger seat.
Thanks
Keith

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I think you should be able to get 2 10"s behind your seats. You may lose like 1 click forward though. When I put my sub in I had 2 options
1) 2 10" but I would have to remove my jack(locate behind the passanger seat)
2) 1 12" . My sub is behind my drivers seat and the amp is mounted above the jack behind the passanger.

I don't know if in the '02 the jack is still mounted there but those might be your options too.

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help....I didnt even look behind the passengers seat. I dont even have the truck yet...It's on order, hopefully it'll be here within 3 weeks. I'm 6'3 so space is a must for me! We'll see. I dont know anything bout stereos. I'm going down to this stereo shop when I get the truck! I'm sure I'll ask tons a questions before they do the install!
Keith

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
Well, the guys at the install place will be able to measure it up for you and give you some option. Honestly, whatever set-up you go with its going to be loud cuz its only in a single cab truck. Good luck with it all, and try to post some pics so we can see what you did.!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts