S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
uh yeah
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i have saved up awhile and here are the 2 i have found...

98 - 4 banger manual transmission... 70,000 miles Pewter, body was decent no rust $3,995

95- 4 banger aslo manual 170,000 miles. Bright bluish color. SOme engine bay rust. INterior was rough but i plan on replacing/customizing.

The truck is going to be taken apart (baged shaved etc.) so which would you guys get?

ps- the 95 had head gasket poblems... is this common with s10's?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 98 sounds like a good deal. How much do they want for the 95? Thats pretty high mileage, depending on how it was treated you might be looking at a new engine in the near future. If it was me i'd go with the 98.

·
uh yeah
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry the 95 was 2,000.. but KBB says 1500ish so i bet he wold come down. Yea the milage is high but that could lead to a nice engine swap in the future? im just looking for opinions.. thanks dknutt

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 98 sounds like a good deal, also the interior is a little nicer than in the 95. If you plan on customizing the 95 would not be a bad choice either. Woulnd't get the 95 unless you plan on redoing the engine. And yes the 2.2 is notorious for head gasket failures. Glad to see they have finally decided to scrap it in favor of the new 2.8L

·
uh yeah
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys... i was leaning toward the 98... but the 95 was a prime canidate for customizing. i didnt plan to do engine work so quickly. now hopefully i can go down and look at the 98 more. And eventually start modding! im pumped:bah:

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
98. Better platform since it's less beat up.

·
uh yeah
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys.... buying a truck is hard lol Just as i narrow it down more pop up! its a hard decision but i cant wait till i finally get my s10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts