S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my dirtbike is in real good shape but i dont have anywhere to ride it so im prolly gonna sell it. i should get between 1500-1800 out of it. with that money should i get all the parts for cheap and do a SAS, or buy some new rims, swampers, paintjob, shocks, a welder and a few other small things? i want the solid axle but i want all that other stuff too and i cant do both.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
5" lift and 33"s first:thumbup: Do alot of research and gather parts for a SAS then sell the 5" lift and go 35"s:guitar:

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think im gonna do what flamed 98 said...im gonna get all the other stuff and get better at welding...then go solid axle. i dont wanna spend all that money on an IFS lift when im eventually going SFA. i have reasearched the axle swap for over 6 months..all i need is the parts and money, but like i said i want to be more sure of my welding skills before i make all those custom parts for the swap.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Be sure the welder is a 220v...110v won't be enough for good deep welds you need on suspension parts(trust me, I've broke 110v welds on the trail:( )

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Yeah thats a nice price...you should be able to get that. Sold my old 95 CR 250 with brand new motor, fully polished outside, and just rebuilt the bike this past winter from the frame up. $2,000 sold it for

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well maybe not all of that lol but that does sound good. eventually after i get another truck for daily driving i would like to rip all the computer crap outta the S10 and put in an old carb'ed 350, prolly a twinstick 4:1 t-case, slow gears, SFA, big swampers, lockers at both ends, alot of lift, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
fmfredrider501 said:
well maybe not all of that lol but that does sound good. eventually after i get another truck for daily driving i would like to rip all the computer crap outta the S10 and put in an old carb'ed 350, prolly a twinstick 4:1 t-case, slow gears, SFA, big swampers, lockers at both ends, alot of lift, etc.
carbed????

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea if i ever did all that stuff to my truck id get one of those truck avenger carbureters....it said it will idle up to a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
buy a good welder with a stick/TIG combo. learn that shit and get a bender and youll still have some cash left over for some metal :) then you can build a new dirt bike, new truck, dune buggy, whatever the hell you want and make $$ off that if u sell it. this really is your investment. i usually tend to blow all my cash as soon as i get it

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the welder i plan to buy is a lincoln 225A stick welder...that will be plenty powerful for what i will need. im taking welding class now so once i get better at it i might find a junk quad rolling chassis and a bike motor and make me some form of something lol. i would love to make a buggy...my welding teacher is into those bigtime and welds all of his own stuff and everything, but theyre kinda expensive (at least for me)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts