S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to alter the ride quality of my truck thats why I am going with spindels and blocks. I won't have to change the fronts, because spindles will just move the wheel/tire assembly up in relation to the truck, and not alter the spring rate or anything, but what about the rear? I am using the belltech 3" drop blocks, in combinations with the ZQ8 leafs, so should i use a 4 to 5" drop shock? if anyone has done this please let me know how your truck rides. also, what about the third shock? anything I have to do there? please help, I need to suck some inches out from under this pig!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not true, the rear shocks mount to your frame (crossmember) on the top, and your axle (shock mounting points) on the bottom. I you remove some of the distance between these two points (by raising the axel off of the springs woth blocks) you will need to do something about the shocks travel.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
no you need to look at it again.
the shocks mount to the frame on top and to the pad under the leafs. that pad allways stays in the same place no matter what size blocks you use. now if you put in drop leafs yes you need new shocks that will change the travel.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, maybe your right, I guess I never looked under my X, but I am under cars all day long at work. sorry about that idf your right. thanks fo rthe help

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah, I almost forgot, S-10 planet has belltech 2" and 3" blocks on clearance of $17 and chandge, and $20 and change respectively. I just found that out, and now that i ordered mine I can tell everyone else, their web page says they have limited quantities.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
as far as 2 wd s-10's go i know i'm right. other trucks like rangers that have the shocks mounted to the axle would need drop shocks with blocks.
good find on the blocks just watch out for shipping costs. most guys buy belltech stuff from summitracing because they only charge $7.00 for shipping.
check your p/m about the picture question.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah, free shipping on that too! thanks for the help on the Avatar question, now i just gotta get to my own computer and get my pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts