S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I personally would get the B&M, not only because I have it, but my brother has the hurst. The hurst is real nice, looks awesome, and shifts awesome, but the shifts aren't as close as the b&m shifts are. One other thing, the hurst has built in positive stops to prevent overshifting, but I really do not understand how you can overshift and break the shift forks unless you are driving like a wild gorilla. There is a difference between shifting fast and shifting carelessly, I'm sure you probably know the difference, but really you cannot go wrong with either shifter. Both look awesome, b&m throws are shorter, hurst has the positive stops.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i was wondering the the hurst make that metalic rattling sound like the b&m does? just wondering b/c I have the b&m and I would love a shifter without that rattle

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Yes it makes the hissing metallic noise the same as the b&m, I wouldn't really consider it a rattle, atleast mine doesn't rattle. Only time I really notice it more is when it is real cold outside, the noise level is highest when the truck isn't warmed up fully and its cold. Otherwise I think the slight hissing noise it makes all the time is cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts