S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am going to get a roll pan but i need some ideas, i have a 96 chevy s10. to me they all look really alike and the prices can vary quite a bit but i notice that the material is different. what should i look for in terms of material and product names?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i like the gm rollpan i'd prefer fiberglass cuz my buddies is rusting out and hes only had it a year so just make sure before u put it on u paint the unfinished side with some rustolemum or something......

when u go from a bumper to the gm rollpan u need to get the lights harnass lil black plastic things that direct the light and licence plate clip things for the screws......

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya the gm rollpan is nice and easy but if u want it to look super go with sir micheals

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
no fiberglass man thats ghetto in my mind.like xtremer said if your going to do something do it right. get a nice steel weld one, it wont rust if you take the proper steps to prevent it.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya just make sure u take those steps...rustolem the back thats what i did to mine...

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
where do you get it welded on and how much does it cost, how much does it cost to paint it?
where do you put the rear license plate if you get a smooth roll pan?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
painting depends from quaility to quanity i'm gm rollpan i got painted for 60 at the chevy dealer and the guy did a awesome job....i know alot of people get the license plate put in the tailgate....but i'm sure u can get a weld in with the license plate mounting spot....

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
price

Hey Hey...

The local custom shop here is charging me about $200 to have the roll pan painted,welded,and molded in(basically so it looks like one piece,for the new guy).

:scary: LowTech:scary:

·
4wheeln & Layn-Body
207 Posts
F***** Fiberglass, Steel is the way to go, trust me if somone hits you from behind your truck is gone,
i got hit a couple of months ago, the guy was going about 30mph and i am glad i had a Steel pan, i had Sir Michs pan. Steel looks cleaner Don't waste your money on Fiberglass. Sir michs makes the best rollpans they are worth the money. they run about $130. Your going to kick your self in the end if you go with that fiberglass crap!!!!!!!!

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
sounds good, i was going to get a weld in, but i can't weld... see the irony

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I like the idea of a weld in but I can't find a place to do the work, anyone know of a good body shop in Maryland?
thanks

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Who has the best prices on the Sir Michaels roll pans?

Are all the hidden hitches the same? I only need to tow a 1500 pound boat and I saw a hidden hitch for a like $80. will the hitch line up with the hole in the roll pan?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts