S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woah: Im going to pick up a New Battery Today What Optima Battery should I get?

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
I believe that the yellow top is better for a replacement battery for under the hood. and a red top is more for a second or third battery for the stereo and such.. the red top is more of a deep cycle battery.

so if only have on battery and are replacing it.. id go with the yellow top.

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
98layinframe said:
I believe that the yellow top is better for a replacement battery for under the hood. and a red top is more for a second or third battery for the stereo and such.. the red top is more of a deep cycle battery.

so if only have on battery and are replacing it.. id go with the yellow top.
the yellow is deep cycle and red is a starter battery.
http://www.optimabatteries.com

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
oooooppppppps! my fault :bash:... that was why I said "I believe"... i was looking in to getting one of them my self a while back, but couldnt remember which was which. :shrug: :bugeye: atleast i remembered i would want a yellow top.

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its going to be a replacement not a backup :monkey:

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
yellow top here

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
ive had both. i burnt up the red top awhile back by discharging it...and now i have a yellow. ive killed it proilly 20 times and it still holds a perfect charge. truck starts just as well as the day i got it. yellow has more than enough cranking! well worth it over the red

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like yellow it is thanks Guys Im going to pick it up in a few thanks again:clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts