S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking with RE and they suggested 2 setups to me for my regular cab. One is doing 4 of their 8's in a ported ox tuned around 30-35. Or either one 10 or one 12 SC series possibly HC series if I make a huge box, ported. I cant decide which one would be better I want a good daily drivers system that will hit the lows really good as well as hit the highs ok. :pimp:

Oh yea and I will be running around 1000 watts to either setup unless I go with the HC then I will put close to 2000.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I will be running the Memphis 1000D most likely they, maybe the crossfire 1000D.

·
Registered
746 Posts
More cone area = louder.....simple physics there.....the more air being pushed, the louder it will be.....so 32" inches of cone area > 10 or 12" of cone area.....You do the math....as for which will go lower? The bigger subs usually play lower notes louder than a smaller sub.....

I would go with two 12's if you wanna hit the lows and the highs and have it loud as hell...IMO of course :)

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
x3ro said:
More cone area = louder.....simple physics there.....the more air being pushed, the louder it will be.....so 32" inches of cone area > 10 or 12" of cone area.....You do the math....
You do the math then too please.

Four 8's have about 125 square inches of area.
One twelve has about 80 square inches of area.

So yes, the 8's do have more surface area, but you have to figure it as -----> pi x radius^2, not just a sum of the diameters.

You're going to be giving up some legroom whatever you choose to do. The 12 is going to be way deep and push you foward. The 8's will be shallower, but require a lot of airspace and therefor eat up legroom. I would go with a pair of 8's ported or 4 sealed, but that's cause I can't stand riding the wheel.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either setup will not move my seat I am going to put the subs behind the passenger seat then the bov will get smaller on my side where the port will be. And I cant fit a pair or 12's it is going to be a challenge just to get the right airspace for 1 ported. So since the 12 will play lower I am leaning towards that now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would suggest the 8s because i have one 12 bridged to a 1200 watt amp and at the last spl contest i was in i lost by 4db to some f*er with 3 8s and an amp the same size as mine.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I am not wanting to compete I have been in that part of stereos for 3 years now and I dont want to tear up this truck to do it. What was your score? I am just wanting something around 145 or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
12" memphis (which i don't like), audiobahn a- series amp, and a ported box

·
Registered
12 Posts
sh*t, it was only 138. i had an audiobahn 12 that was way better than this memphis but my brother wanted to show it off to his friends and fried it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
at least i think it was an a series... i don't look at it every day...

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
adam728 said:
I would go with a pair of 8's ported or 4 sealed, but that's cause I can't stand riding the wheel.

Instead, let's do four RE 8s in a ported enclosure

Navidriver from Termpro was running four subs in a box around 1.5 cubes tuned to 35hz. I would recommend doing 2 cubes tuned to 33hz. You could do a single 4" round port that would be 12.7" long. I would try for a larger port if possible...

Tempe

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was that guy hittin tempe you know? And I am going with a rectangular port not a circle, firing upwards towards the roof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts