S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello..

I recently put a 2.25 in and out flowmaster delta muffler on my 4.3, and i think it sounds like crap. its too loud and it has that raspy, rice-like sound.. I am debating on buying a magnaflow muffler because ive heard that they arent that loud and they have more of a throaty sound. I was looking at the XL 3 chamber muffler with the single 2.5 in/out. Does anybody have this muffler? Also, what is the difference between buying an oval shaped muffler vs. a round one?? If you guys know of any other mufflers that would be quieter and less ricey than the flowmaster, please let me know. I would really appreciate some help, since i dont want to put the wrong muffler on the truck again.
thanks

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i have a delta flow 50-series on my truck and it doesnt sound ricey and well i wanna change it bc its not loud enough..i forget the pipe sizing but its less than 2.5" and its single in dual out

·
3,255 Posts
Well there are some things that will make your exhaust sound throaty, new intake, TB mod.... i noticed a big difference with my stock exhaust setup after i installed my new K&N FIPK II, it sounded a lot more throaty. Also have you thought about gettin a new cat? I have a magnaflow 2.5" in/out high flow cat, i'm just waiting to get a muffler because of the way i want it setup. Oh by the way... you should have gotten a non-delta 40 series flowmaster... delta series doesn't give you that deep sound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you look at mufflers case length dtermines sound resonance....longer case makes for quieter muffler.Look at how long the stock mufflers are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
basically.. i just want to get a muffler that has good flow, but isnt really loud. i thought the delta flow would do this, but it wasnt what i expected. i do have a high flow cat on this setup as well, i had to get one, since my stock cat busted.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
I have a Magnaflow on my ride w/ss 2-1/2 piping from the cat back part#14326
here is the specs
IN/OUT LENGTH OVERALL PART#
2.5" 14" 20" 14326
sound good will never have to touch it again, assuming the cat stays good.
:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts