S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is the best for a 4.3 carb vortec: flowmaster, dynomax, gison or other?

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Out of the ones you listed, I would probably go with Dynomax. I am going with other, however, and am going to be Running a Magnaflow. Search some old threads for some good info on muffler comparisons.

Greg G.:p

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Look around and see what you like, Then go and have a custom
one made for your truck at an Muffler shop. I had mine made
like a Chevy the Syclone because of the performance. Its a 3"
with a flow master and its stright out the back. Sounds good and
runs great. Also put on Gibson headers.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking for performance, but sound is the main thing.
like how much more horsepower could i get if i went with performance and would it still have a good sound?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spintech, Ravin 33 series or Flowmaster 40 series are gonna be your best bet....you will be very pleased with the sound especially in the higher RPMS..and you will notice an increase in HP

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
I have a 3 inch 304 stainless steel exhaust and cat made by ATR on my truck and it sounded good. Once I deleted the muffler, it sounded even better :D ! Truck gained quite a bit of power after I put it on but, the previous owner had a sub 2 inch exhaust on it. Turbochargers like unrestrictive exhausts...

Mike

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i have a spintech........that thing kicks some serious ass bro.....ery deep sounding.......i love it

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok im going out tomorrow to just my exhaust

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the Ravin' 33 Series on my truck, It's a lot deeper than the 40 Series flows. Can't really comment about perfermance differences though...

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would it be better to go with the normal 40 series flowmaster or delta flow 40 series

·
Registered
98 Posts
the delta flow will be quiter than the normal series....all depends if you want it to be loud or not

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i'm looking for a real deep but semi quiet i dont want to wake the neighbors but i want people at a red light to be surprised it not a mustang gt next to them.....

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my neighbor got a kinda loud exhaust on his silverado and i wanna get something that makes his look like a party toy!

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about dynomax what choices do they have and what would be the best, how good so they sound compared to flowmaster?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts