S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I wanted to do a 5/6 and have all the parts but after looking at a lot of pictures my question is, which sits more level a 5/6 or a 4/6? I know on fullsizes the 4/6 is level but a lot of people here do the 5/6.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
measure your own truck to find out for sure, every truck varies in the way it sits from the factory. You might need a 4/6, 5/6, 5/5, 4/7, etc.... to get your truck to sit level. Measure on all 4 corners from the middle of the fendewell lip to the ground, while parked on level pavement.

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
most compact trucks sit an inch higher in the rear like s10s, trucks like fullsizes sometimes sit 2-3 inches higher depending on the truck, higher payload it can carry, higher it will sit in the rear usually.

mine sits an inch higher in the rear, kid before me just put on ?/4 and it sits an inch higher in the rear with a drivers side sitting way higher than passengers :rant:

go measure from fenderwell to center of rim, if the rear is say 16" and front is 15" you need a 4/5, 5/6

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will it measure right if i'm already on a 2/3. I'm just measuring for a difference right?

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you have the extra leaf in the rear, a 4/4 drop = a 4/5 drop.

Mine was higher in the back, but because of the towing kit (or whatever it's called) it has an extra leaf. When I went leafs in the back it dropped it 4" rather than the 3" it is supposed to.

I have installed countless audio systems and I got more atisfaction out of lowering my truck than any other mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts