just like the title says
what are the pro and cons to both wich is easyer to do
i plan on a body this year i just wanted more info

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Traditional
PROS: Less Expensive, quicker, easier
CONS: Loss of head room, loss of foot room, relocation of pedals, big step when you open the door

SFBD
PROS: No loss of headroom, complete stock floor, less cutting of the body, a newer method
CONS: Expensive, very hard, alot of welding, alot of planning, alot of fabrication

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
thhis is just my opinion here....
but i think trad is better. if you dont go rediculous( like i can talk :) ) trad is not bad at all. stockfloor takes sooooo much more that i just dont think its worth it. and really when you see it, it aint a stockfloor anyways :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
fiveinchbodydrop said:
thhis is just my opinion here....
but i think trad is better. if you dont go rediculous( like i can talk :) ) trad is not bad at all. stockfloor takes sooooo much more that i just dont think its worth it. and really when you see it, it aint a stockfloor anyways :)
yeah some of the stock floor has to be cut but its just the point of keepin the floor at the same hight

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
well technically on a stock floor, u need to cut the tranny tunnel and raise it up...in reality just the seat height stays the same....

stock floor needs to be well thought out with angles, and measurements....u have to remember ur building a new frame for your truck to ride on, so if your not that confident with that, then id stay away....traditional isnt too bad, but like mentioned, u lose some head room and foot room...id say its a little easier to accomplish

·
**** you
9,528 Posts
ya i got a 3" traditional in my mazda, and i fit fine in it. and im fat.. I have absolutely no problem fitting,, in fact i have ot keep the seet clicked forward lol My buddy "getto" on the fourm has a 4" traditional.. well.. its 3" traditional, 1" stock floor by moving the bodymounts down,, And my buddy lowdim96 fits fien in it.. and hes like 6 foot, or something.. like 5inch said, dont go crazy, and its not too bad. And if you angle the filler plates theres no ugly step, just a slope, so it looks cleaner.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
well like the first post said..

that's the odvious.. but I think stock floor is better.. I dont care for the look of a step when you open the door or when you trad the bed.. and open the gate. with a step there too.. just looks "cheap".. its a personal thing on there

i went stock floor just cuz i didn't want a step.. the only reason!! im not a big guy and don't need to worry about head room.. just the look (if done right.. you won't see a big step in trad either)

·
it's only metal FUC* IT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks eveyone for all your help i think i will be going with the traditional i have been looking around the site and seen alot of pic and help from eveyone so thanks alot wish me luck!!

·
fl member
417 Posts
I did a 4" traditional on my single cab. Im almost 6 foot and my head almost hits the ceiling. I just wish i had an adjustable steering coulmn

·
layin body!
364 Posts
i am doin a 3 inch traditional right now, but i am only 5,6 short shit .. so head room isnt a issue for me.. but i am puttin my step at a angle not straight up and down so as far as havin a big step when u open the door mine shoudnt be to bad... :dunno:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
drps10 said:
well like the first post said..

that's the odvious.. but I think stock floor is better.. I dont care for the look of a step when you open the door or when you trad the bed.. and open the gate. with a step there too.. just looks "cheap".. its a personal thing on there

i went stock floor just cuz i didn't want a step.. the only reason!! im not a big guy and don't need to worry about head room.. just the look (if done right.. you won't see a big step in trad either)
open the gate???? whats that:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts