S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MVP
415 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
these are the ones i bought, i went from a sealed to a composite with these on my 94'. I love them. and you can put any brand of bulb you like/color you like. they cost me $35 shipped to me door off ebay, but i dont think the guy selling them has a ebay store, i think they were a one time deal.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
You will need a 4x6 housing. I got a set thru ebay about a year ago...here's a pic right after I installed them (my truck looks nothing like that now lol)

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
oh SWEET, are those the Baja tough Desert fox lights psyko? I was JUST looking at those today, I want to get them and cut out a LS valance and fit them in there flush. How do you like them? Do they work well as driving lights with the stock headlights? Or are they to bright and just good for fog lights and off road lights?

Those composite lights are cool, do they light up a little blue? An older s10 with hids would look cool, give it a very modern, new looking finish.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I think they are the Baja lights. I picked them up at walmart for about $20 I think. They work pretty well for the price. I never had any problems running them on the street, and they were about as bright as stock headlights. I definitely think I got my money's worth with them. Since that picture was taken, I have actually removed the whole brushguard and changed pretty much the whole front end of my truck. I'm running a smaller set of Pilot fog lights that I picked up at Auto Zone and I'm running them in a 98-up valence. Not quite as bright as the Baja's, but alot cleaner looking. The composite lights do have a bit of a blue tint to them, but that's because the bulbs have a blue coating on them. I'm thinking of upgrading to Sylvania SilverStar bulbs when I get a few bucks to spare.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Mine has that too. My lighting isn't great, but I think its because of the cheap bulbs that came with the housings. I'll be sure to post the results of new bulbs when I can afford them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine dont have it but im thinking thats y it doesnt put out alot of light on the road without the high beams on. i dont think its my bulbs because a buddy of minee has the same bulbs in his 05 ram and its bright as sh!t. im also gonna try redoing my wiring to a bigger gauge. if that doesnt work then ill just drive with my brights on til i get my envoy front end.

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
yeah, saw the baja lights at walmart for $20 I love how your truck looks, but with my truck I'm going with a 'rougher' look, They're a lot bigger than the hole on the 02 LS valance, oh well, think I'm still going to cut out a square in it where the tow hooks would be and get them as flush as possible, try to make it look stock. need to take the brackets off the back, and get some silicone, and once I get the valance and lights I can figure a way to mount them in, then cut the hole and set them in, use some conduit to keep it looking clean, hate wires showing. Looks like Gm had that idea too when the put that cover over the wire to the rear view mirror :cool:

Anyway :rant:
I'd get any lights that didn't have that dull yellow tint in it, crystal color is best, I like these ones. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-94-S10-CHEVY-H4-DIAMOND-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8055765809QQrdZ1
Lucky, lights for my 2002 are like in the 100s of bucks. Might be cool to get the diamond light and lightly mist them with night shades light tint
Wonder how those black casings would look on Psyco's truck, doubt it would look as cool, wouldn't look as stock clean...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts