S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Sonoma and I need to get a set of comps. Infinity Kappa 6.5 inch comp set or Alpine Type R 6.5 inch comp set. I have heard the Type Rs and I really like them but I also think that the Kappas would be just as good for my setup, especially since I have heard the Reference comps and they sounded great. I can get them for almost the same price so it is no consideration. The Kappas would be slightly easier to install since they have a little less mounting depth. Which has better midbass? Which has better midrange and clarity? Which set has better high frequency detail? Which set can get louder?

·
Registered
133 Posts
pull them up on crutchfield and compare the specs like efficiency (sp?), frequency response, and power handling. i personally have the kappas and absolutely love them, theyre amazing. i havnt heard the alpines though.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
id go Infinity, everything ive heard of theirs is simply amazing.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and took a gamble and bought the Kappa Components for $159.90 shipped. I am sure the CDTs are nice but the few reviews I have seen say that the tweeters are laid back which doesn't really bother me, and also they don't seem to have much midbass response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts