S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know similar questions have been asked before, but here goes. I'm in the market for Security system for my truck. I don't care about remote start (I have a stick). I don't have power locks, but I'm adding them when I put the alarm in. So, just let me know what alarm systems you guys have and what you like/dislike about them.

Thanks

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Code Alarm

i have a code alarm with keyless entry and flashing lights for the availble options i chose. i like it. the best part is that at the medium sensitvity setting that the vibration sensor is it has only been set off by two cars and i have had it since february. but it will go off if some one hits the car.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
I have and AVITAL!!!

Shock sensor,horn honk,lights flash also added prox sensor. I can leave my windows down and if someone put soemthing through the window and breaks a plane it will go off. or if you look into the window to close(depends on sensatvity)

fuel cut off,ignition kill, valey switch all kinds,plus I can add stuff to it.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
14 Posts
I have a Prestige APS 750a got it at autotechs.com

that alarm has remote start on it along with all the other stuff
the APS 600 would be the one without remote start for 115 bucks
and for about 150 bucks more you could get the pager and glass brake & perimiter sensors. if you let them know what your going to put it in you get a wire diagram letting you know what wires go were

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toadcoop said:
I have a CompuStar, it has everything possible that an alarm could do even remote start for a stick shift which i have. go here and check it out. its bad ass!! www.compustar.org
Where did you get yours from? Did you just buy from them direct? Also, about how much did you pay for your system.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
anything by DEI electronics...stinger, viper... I have a viper 300 with keyless entry, ign. kill around 250 installed with the power lock actuators put in..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts