S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I ordered a superchip, and it should be here either tomorrow or monday... I just need to know where my computer is and how to plug the chip in. btw... it's an 87 S-10. After winning the auction I found out that the chip is for "strip" use. Hopefully I didn't mess up lol. Next up, I'm looking into power pulleys. I have a 2.8 and well... I need all the help I can get hehe..

later
Mike
EC Founder
=-Now listed on www.chevrolet.com=-

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Under your dash on the passenger side right behind the glovebox. You have to take off the cover that goes from the pass side over to the drivers side. Be sure you take the bulb out of the light under there or else you will end up burning yourself. After removal of cover there should be one bolt holding the ecu in place take that out and the ecu should come down with a little side to side wiggle motion and then its out! Its a 13"x7" or so metal box. and should have about 40 wires to two connectors on it. once it is out you remove the metal plate on the top it has 2 screws. then under there is your chip. Be careful the chips are pretty rugged but are still kinda easy to break.

I dont think i am missing anything and it should be pretty streight foreward. Any problems just ask!

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the help man. I had just come from the syty.org website and read on that too.. LOL Is there a chip that I have to take out or is it just a blank area? I hope that I'll see a difference, even if it's moderate. One thing I wasn't sure about was the difference in the "street" and "strip" chips. Oh well.. I guess I can't complain... $32 shipped isn't bad haha..

later
Mike
EC Founder

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
S10ConceptsTN said:
Thanx for the help man. I had just come from the syty.org website and read on that too.. LOL Is there a chip that I have to take out or is it just a blank area? I hope that I'll see a difference, even if it's moderate. One thing I wasn't sure about was the difference in the "street" and "strip" chips. Oh well.. I guess I can't complain... $32 shipped isn't bad haha..

later
Mike
EC Founder
Yes the stock chip will be in your ecu already you will have to remove it and put the new one in. The diff between street and strip chips is more timeing and fuel delevery than the previous. you should get a 160 t-stat if you are going to be running a strip chip they are usualy calibrated for and require them.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey,
thanx for the info man. I was just told that I would probably need bigger injectors since I'd be pushing more fuel. Is that true? So far, all I've heard is that have to buy a 160deg. stat and maybe advance the timing a few degrees.
Thanx
Mike

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
S10ConceptsTN said:
hey,
thanx for the info man. I was just told that I would probably need bigger injectors since I'd be pushing more fuel. Is that true? So far, all I've heard is that have to buy a 160deg. stat and maybe advance the timing a few degrees.
Thanx
Mike
your injectors should work fine for this if your plugs read lean you might want to get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator but I dont think you will need that untill you do alot more mods to the motor.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,
I found it on ebay motors. that's www.ebaymotors.com . click on car/truck parts and type in S-10 in the box. I'm not sure if he has anymore though. The chip I got was a "strip" application too. As soon as I installed it, I could tell a difference.

later
Mike
EC Founder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts