S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im seein everyone wit their interior painted and it is shiny and it looks very sikk...what kinda paint is that and where can i find some? is it body paint...

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Krylon Fusion is the name of the paint I used It require barely any prep and works great.. All you have to do is wipe down the plastic with Paint thinner.. Let dry. They spray away..

·
adrenaline junkie
157 Posts
Personally i think painting the dash and leaving the texture looks like but. What I and alot of people do is to sand down the pieces were painting them prime then paint using a good quality rattle can or in my case real automotive paint. Im getting mine done the same time as everything else, right after winter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do u mean with texture....like the pieces on the door that are rough, i should sand those down, then prime, then paint? cuz i think it would look better if texture was left on the door panels, but make the dash shiny and shit..

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
Yeah man...get a sander and some 150-200 grit paper, sand it for a while and clean it often. Spray some high build primer on it, and sand with some finer grit paper like 300-500 or whatever you can find. Prime and sand 3 or 4 layers or until the texture goes away. Then get some good paint, i used dupli-color from wal-mart, and spray it 3 or 4 times and do some really light sanding in between coats. After you get it coverd well, spray it with 3 or 4 layers of clear coat. Some people use a lot more layers, but mine turned out great. If you want, you can do some very fine wet sanding after you are done to really get it to shine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts