S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xtremer-pxl said:
trash can...I don't know..what does it really do...filter...isn't it for a vent tube...
all i think it does is keep the gas fumes contained when you turn off your car and when you start it again it burns them off so they dont go into the atmosphere
a bunch of bullschit if you ask me

scott

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i plan on baggin my truck over the winter and would like to know where to put it too. i was thinking about attaching it to the under side of the bed out of the way of the axel and step notch.:idea:

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully i/you dont have to lengthen the lines that run to it because from what ive heard the longer lines throw the computer off and put the check engine light on. I think im just gonna go with a C notch so i dont have to cut my bed so hopefully i dont have to move it far,

do you know if i have to move anything else before bags?? maybe the parking brake??

thanks
scott

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i believe it is to collect the fuel from when the car is off and to collect gas vapors. i think i've heard people attaching it some how to the top of the gas tank. i don't think if you shorten the lines it would have any affect on the comp.
i also doubt the e-brake would be a problem, unless ur body droppin, there is a pretty good amount of play in the cable to allow for travel. only thing i wonder is if people have problems with the driveshaft if the link is not set up properly. just becareful with the lines, make sure there away from all exhuast and sharpe corners or edges, if there near an edge, get some cheap hosing to wrap around the airline. don't forget to trim the coil pocket, its a good idea to do on all front setups.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
canister

I was just looking at mine tonight, wondering what I am going to do with mine. I am getting the alter images 4 link tomorrow and the bag system by the end of the week. I will put the 4 link on tomorrow night and figure out what can possibly be done to it. Too bad nobody here has done it already. I've got the V-8 in mine so I dont know if that will throw off the computer also.:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
just throw it away!!!

Youll never know it's gone. then go bye some adel clamps at the auto parts store(or billet ones from a racecar parts place) to hold the vent hose in place...voila-the mother f---er's done!!!!

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
KEWL!

I will check that out tonight. Thanks ARC!! Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
224 Posts
sorry,

I don't have any pics, and I am too fat to crawl under there to take some!!! hahaha. But, I am taking the bed off so, so I'llsnap one then. Seeya-

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah-

Hope you have bter luck with alter images than i did, I won't buy anything from the ****ers anymore. Ive never used their suspensio stuff, but their sheet metal **** doesn't work worth a ****!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
that pan

I think that pan was the last good thing they ever made...hahaha...I replaced that one with their new "cali-combo(what a gay f--cking name!!)" and it didn't fit worth a dogsh-t!!! That one fits like GM made it to fit!!!

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
98 SS ON NOS said:
i relocated mine to the front of the fuel tank for my notch
could you take a pic?? of where you relocated it to, did you actully mount it to the tank or just near the front?

thanks scott

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Almost a month later and I finally have put it in its place. I moved it to the back of the frame under the bed. I will take a few pics before i put the bed on tomorrow. Lets hope that it works this way.:cry:

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
allrighty

hell yah, i cant wait to see where ya put it.
i get to do the same thing this weekend, and eyebrow my front

scott

HEY ARCdidit: what did you do with the lines that went to the canister after you removed it???
tks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts